PC Infected...

Hay !

My PC just got infected by an unconown virus / malware of some sort. I was hoping someone her could help me.

Today I dowloaded a .jpeg file. Everything seemed fine, but when I opened it, the screen went all wierd and the screeen blacked. I didn`t know what to do so after a minute or so i decided to pull out the battery. When I restarted the PC I started it in secure mode and ran Norton and Malwarebytes. They could not find anything so I decided to run a full system scan. That scan didn`t find anything either.

My computer is working and at first look it seems as if it is perfectly fine, but the internet is all messed up like when I try to go to google.com it says that it is not secure and I must return. I am using Crome btw. I downloaded Avast! but it can`t find anything either. Tried Kaspersky TDSS killer, and it found some stuff on the PC but things are pretty much messed up still. Malwarebytes is being denied to update itself, and many other programs is denied access to the internet. I just want to know what is up and how i can fix this.

Thanks.

P.S: Im kinda noob so if you could explain with that in mind i would be very grateful !

P.S #2: I have connected a flash drive to the infected computer. Does that mean it is infected too? (How am I supposed to deal with this stuff??)

Edited by CatByte
profanity removed

• Staff

Hello Scott123,

I recognize how frustrating dealing with computer issues can be and can certainly empathize with that, however this is a family forum, therefore I would appreciate if you can refrain from the profanity.

I would be happy to help locate the source of this issue.

Could you please post the TDSSKiller log(s) and then run the following diagnostic scans so I may get a look at what's on your machine,

thank-you

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1

LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.

• Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

---------------------------------------------------

Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Attach.txt.

NEXT

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

• Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • When asked if you want to download Avast's virus definitions please select Yes.
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
  • You will also notice another file created on the desktop named MBR.dat. Right click that file and select Send To>Compressed (zipped) file. Attach that zipped file in your next reply as well

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!