P U M hyjack stops Windows 7-64 at welcome

I'm using my slower laptop HP because faster laptop freezes while the little circle is circling and won't thaw, no indication from the hard drive light. I know all the files are still there via Hiren's Boot CD, but I can't fix my windows and I believe the PUM hyjack is still resident and Hiren's Boot CD only gives me a mini XP program that only allows me to transfer my files to a usb thumb drive, painfully slow. It haw Malwarebytes, but can't get to the C: drive which I believe still has the infection. I tried restoring, several time, to no avail, tried start up repair, nothing, the furthest I ever got was the chime and the box with name in it welcome and then it freezes.

Got any way to make it work well enough to use a cd/dvd driver to record and back up my files that I want to keep before formatting and reinstalling Window?

I plan to borrow a tool from my son's work that my Hard drive plugs in and then transfer files out to a back drive that I will buy shortly, now that I have been convinced of the value of back ups,but haven't got it yet so I'm hoping you might be able to help.

Thank you,

Kinari AKA Jeff

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you

Thank you, I appreciate you offer, but by the time I got back to here, problem solved, bought 2 32GB SD Cards class 10 and also borrowed a SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 adapter and used those to get the files I did not want to lose, The user files, My Documents, were not accessible via the adapter because access was denied, so I had to use the SD cards for those files. Since my computer stay home and I'm not worried about other people accessing my files when I get my computer back up and running, every thing on it will be shared.

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite and to get to the Recovery partition to reset to factory new, hope I don't get all the offers that come with it when new, I had to hit the F8 key and then the 0 key as it was loading, at least that seemed to be what got the b of the big ready warning that I was wiping every thing out.

Now to put back the stuff I want and then, DO A BACK UP to my new 1.5TB back up drive.

Thanks again,

Jeff