False Positive Trojan - Bluescreen on Bootup

WIth the Malewarebytes update from last week, my XP SP3 Desktop no longer boots. It was rebooted after the update, and now when I boot I get a bluescreen. I was able to put in the XP Disk and get to the command prompt. What should be my next steps?

Thanks,

DJ

Have you tried restoring your computer to date before this event happened? Some users have been able to recover using that method. Also have you tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration?

We will also need the information below....

1. What OS are you running? Windows 7 Home or PRO? Basic or Premium?

2. 32-Bit or 64-Bit?

3. What specific errors are you getting?

4. Can you login in Normal Mode?

5. Can you login in Safe Mode?

6. Do you know what video card you have?

Please try to remain calm and patient this is not a 5 minute drive through fix and depending may take a while but we'll do our best to get you up and running properly once again.

Thanks

Have you tried restoring your computer to date before this event happened? Some users have been able to recover using that method. Also have you tried booting to Last Known Good Configuration?

I don't have a restore point to restore to. It's my parent's computer. I am unable to boot to the Last Known Good config.

We will also need the information below....

1. What OS are you running? Windows 7 Home or PRO? Basic or Premium? XP

2. 32-Bit or 64-Bit? x32

3. What specific errors are you getting? Bluescreen upon startup, in regular mode and in all of the Safe Modes

4. Can you login in Normal Mode? No

5. Can you login in Safe Mode? No, it bluescreens before I can get into Safe Mode

6. Do you know what video card you have? No

Please try to remain calm and patient this is not a 5 minute drive through fix and depending may take a while but we'll do our best to get you up and running properly once again.

Thanks

You mentioned over HERE that you opened a support ticket, I think for now its best to stick with that ticket so that I do not give you any conflicting info, and it will be better for the helper that he knows what has been tried.

Also please stop trying things as this could make things worst, with any luck the help desk can get you back up and going.....