• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norton Internet Security

Error: 3048, 3

Windows 7 Professional

7601.18113.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533

Norton Autofix Results: 1 item(s)

Conflicting Product - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.75.0.1300 :: Skipped

This is the first time I have ever gotten an error notification from NIS about MB

:welcome:

First see this page for setting exclusions in Norton 360. If they don't work or you are still experiencing problems you may need to temporarily remove MBAM, turn off norton and readd the exclusions before enabling Norton.

http://forums.malwar...58

Please do the following and let us know if this corrects the issue for you or not.

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
      You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility.
      Location for Windows x86

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Location for Windows x64

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

• Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

Edit: Reorginized instructions.

Actually, I had a chat with Norton, who came on my computer and checked my NIS out. They said it is working fine, that the conflict message can be ignored. Are you saying my MB is not working fine? We know there have been some serious issues with MB this week, and that the company is working on it. I assume this very first conflict message from NIS is connected with that, and that MB will get it sorted out. Am I mistaken? You really think I should follow the steps you have suggested?

Actually, I had a chat with Norton, who came on my computer and checked my NIS out. They said it is working fine, that the conflict message can be ignored. Are you saying my MB is not working fine? We know there have been some serious issues with MB this week, and that the company is working on it. I assume this very first conflict message from NIS is connected with that, and that MB will get it sorted out. Am I mistaken? You really think I should follow the steps you have suggested?

See this post I made in the Norton Community Forum: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/Warning-NIS-20-3-0-36-NOT-compatible-with-Malwarebytes/td-p/913779 Tony_Weiss from Norton was looking into it. I had personal conversations with TWO Norton reps. They both suggested uninstalling MBAM, however the last rep. is going to keep the case open and follow-up later. Apparently this is now a valid issue for Norton to help out... so I dunno. Sorry... I am a brand new member and I seem to cannot get the "Enter" key to work or CTRL+B for bolding, and I tried hitting the Bold button on the symbols above... still nogo...lol

This message is in no way connected to what happened on the 15th with Malwarebytes.... By

Both should work fine together, you may have to enter exceptions so they can ignore each other...

How would you properly do that for Norton 360? By the way... MBAM did do a major install just the other day I noticed, and did not do a "normal" update as it normally would... could THAT be the issue?

How would you properly do that for Norton 360? By the way... MBAM did do a major install just the other day I noticed, and did not do a "normal" update as it normally would... could THAT be the issue?

Making sure you got the right link here. :) I assume you mean the release of MBAM 1.75 on the 9th? This wasn't really a major update. The only thing that changed was the ability to scan inside archives.

As Firefox stated the issue was related to a bad update and this isn't related. First try the last link I posted and see if adding exclusions will work. If they don't try the cleanup tool.

I am not running Norton 360, I just have NIS. I can't see a way to follow the instructions at the last link you posted in NIS, because NIS is not like Norton 360. So where do I put the exclusions in NIS? If you can tell me, I would appreciate it.

Sorry... found the link... reading it now.... my bad :blink:

I cannot find the last two files: 1. C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys 2. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys ... at first it was a navigation error on my part. Now that I have my bearings I cannot find them :blink:AND howz it that I cannot hit the "Enter" key and have it return while composing the post. I tried doing bullets and I cannot do that either. I can't even turn off this bolding...lol HELLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

The file mbamswissarmy.sys will not show up unless Malwarebytes is running with the GUI up.... but you can ignore those two files.

As for not being able to hit the enter key and have it return....

Its probably cause you are using IE10. You can fix that by either using IE10 in compatibility mode while on this forum or you can Toggle the edition mode to OFF

You can safely ignore those files. Those files are actually under system32/drivers, but Windows directs you to syswow64 automatically which they are not present there.

Edit: I'm not sure MBAM uses mbamswissarmy.sys anymore. I think that might only be present during removal or specific times.

I would beg to differ with you they are in neither place :blink: ... however I will note that I am using the FREE version of MBAM... would this make a difference?

As for not being able to hit the enter key and have it return.... Its probably cause you are using IE10. You can fix that by either using IE10 in compatibility mode while on this forum or you can Toggle the edition mode to OFF

Testing...1........2......tree....lol

Okay... that is weird... :blink: I toggled... put in some text.....toggled again...now I can hit the Enter key as many times as I want...

hmmmm...lol tried Compatibility Mode but wouldn't lock in...hmmm

Now...Bolding on/off is now not a problem either... :blink: ohh well... :D will keep my eye on it :ph34r:

DarkSnakeCobra, yes - that is the only file I have. I have a Windows 32 bit system, btw, not 64 bit. So which of the five files listed at the reference link do I really need to exclude:Please add each of the following files to the "Auto-Protect Exclusions" list in Norton 360:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Below are the files that need to be excluded and include all the versions of windows that are supported...

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software (not sure what version of you are using):

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ mbamscheduler.exe

For Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7 & 8:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware \ mbamscheduler.exe

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE and MBAMSERVICE.EXE from it as well

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products

Please post back and let us know how it went.

Norton support says to click the "skip" button on the AutoFix popup. They say Norton is working on it. Apparently there is an issue with MalwareBytes real time protection and Norton's updates. They say to keep an eye on the forums for further information.