mbam-clean.exe

judyjht

Greetings and welcome :)

mbam-clean.exe can be downloaded from here.

Regarding compatibility with Kaspersky's line of products, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (including the Pro version with realtime protection enabled) has been tested with and confirmed to run perfectly well alongside all of Kaspersky's current products, including KAV, KIS and PURE. In fact, after contacting Kaspersky Labs after discovering that some of their past offerings were recommending or requiring that users uninstall our product from their systems prior to installing their products and providing them with our test data proving that the two could work together without conflicts, they removed us from their list of incompatible software.

I have been using both for awhile now so I was surprised when he said that. All his instructions seemed excessive so I started looking for answers before I do all the stuff they said to do. If it is OK with you I will post the info they told me to see what your thoughts are. This all started because my PC was "acting up" so I wanted to do a full scan of Kaspersky Anti Virus 2013 but the scan would never finish. I rebooted and tried again and it got hung up again. So, I called Kaspersky and he told me that Kaspersky does not "like" MalwareBytes.

I had to run "getsysteminfo4.exe" and then sent them the report and these are the instructions he gave - just so you know.:

Thanks both for your reply and providing your computer's diagnosis. I have figured out a big part of the issue as to why your computer seems to slow.

I apologize if you didn't receive my previous email. Here it is again, with all the instructions required:

a) Use mbam-clean.exe to completely remove Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

mbam-clean.exe is a special tool created by the developers of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to completely remove all traces of the program from your computer.

To use the utility:

Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_clean

It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so.

Disclaimer - Removal Tools

Any removal tools given are to be used at your own risk. Kaspersky Lab will not be held liable for any damage and/or loss of data that may result from running these tools. We are unable to provide support for the use of non-Kaspersky removal tools.

b) Please make sure you have removed SuperAntiSpyware in the Control Panel first. If you cannot uninstall, exit SuperAntiSpyware by right-clicking on the orange/brown tray icon in the lower right of your screen, then click Exit.

Download and run the SUPERAntiSpyware Uninstaller Assistant:

http://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE

Follow the instructions given by the Uninstaller Assistant.

For any other assistance with SuperAntiSpyware, please contact submit a ticket:

http://www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

Disclaimer - Removal Tools

Any removal tools given are to be used at your own risk. Kaspersky Lab will not be held liable for any damage and/or loss of data that may result from running these tools. We are unable to provide support for the use of non-Kaspersky removal tools.

c) Please run a Windows XP Disk Cleanup:

Go to the Start Menu > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Disk Cleanup.

Wait for Disk Cleanup to calculate the space savings.

Check on the option for Temporary Files. This is a different line than Temporary Internet Files *click this too*

Make sure Downloaded Program Files is checked.

Recycle Bin should also be checked.

Click OK.

Click Yes.

Wait for the Disk Cleanup to complete. The Disk Cleanup window will close on its own when it is done.

d) I would also recommend you to uninstall and then reinstall Kaspersky Anti-Virus:

Step 1 - Uninstall The Previous Version:

Right-click on the Kaspersky K icon in the lower right corner of your screen and choose Exit.

Sometimes you may get a warning from Windows; that's normal and is OK to proceed.

Then, go to the Start Menu > All Programs > Kaspersky > Remove.

On the Window that will come up, select "Next".

On the next Window make sure no elements are selected.

Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation.

Reboot the computer when prompted.

Step 2 - Delete the extra Kaspersky folders(sometimes, this step is optional; if no folders are found, proceed to the next step):

Make sure you can see the hidden files and folders:

http://support2.kaspersky.com/3580

Please delete the Kaspersky folders for installing and updating.

Click on the Start Menu.

Windows XP:

Click on Run and paste in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\" with the quotes.

Then delete the folders named Kaspersky Lab and Kaspersky Lab Setup Files. Let us know if there are any errors, and it so what they are.

Empty the Recycle Bin.

Step 3 - Download and install the latest Kaspersky version:

You can download Kaspersky Anti Virus from the following link:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/downloads/product-downloads/kaspersky-anti-virus

The walkthrough for installing Kaspersky is here:

http://usa.kaspersky.com/store/install-kaspersky-anti-virus

It's standard practice for them to have you remove any other security products when troubleshooting issues, so that shouldn't be taken as a sign of incompatibility, they simply want to eliminate all possible variables so that they can drill down to what the true cause of the issues are through the process of elimination.

Once they solve the problem you're having, just reinstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware again and re-register it with your ID and Key and see if the problems you were having return (I'm sure that they will not) and you'll be all set.

I do not use Kaspersky anymore (not because they aren't a great security software, they are!), but I did for about 2 years, and I can confirm that it works beautifully with Malwarebytes! I added exclusions just in case, and I never had a conflict between the two.

I keep trying to load this so I can delete any remnants but this link never works, Help, anyone??

Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here

It's possible the link is having too many requests. I tried it myself with Firefox and it didn't work at first and give an error "Invalid Request", but when I tried under IE it worked. Then it worked when I switched back to Firefox.

Greetings and welcome :)

Regarding compatibility with Kaspersky's line of products, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (including the Pro version with realtime protection enabled) has been tested with and confirmed to run perfectly well alongside all of Kaspersky's current products, including KAV, KIS and PURE. In fact, after contacting Kaspersky Labs after discovering that some of their past offerings were recommending or requiring that users uninstall our product from their systems prior to installing their products and providing them with our test data proving that the two could work together without conflicts, they removed us from their list of incompatible software.

I emailed Kaspersky about the cpmpatibility issue and this is the reply I received today - thought you might be interested!

"I'm sorry about the confusion you've been facing with Malwarebytes, I understand it can be quite frustrating when things do not go as expected.

Previously the free editions of MalwareBytes were compatible with Kaspersky products. The full, paid for version never was. At the moment neither of them are compatible and it's been like that since December 2012/January 2013."

I emailed Kaspersky about the cpmpatibility issue and this is the reply I received today - thought you might be interested!

"I'm sorry about the confusion you've been facing with Malwarebytes, I understand it can be quite frustrating when things do not go as expected.

Previously the free editions of MalwareBytes were compatible with Kaspersky products. The full, paid for version never was. At the moment neither of them are compatible and it's been like that since December 2012/January 2013."

Thank you. I will make certain that Kaspersky is contacted regarding this supposed incompatibility. None of our testing in-house nor any reports from our customers and users (of which we have literally millions) has shown any incompatibilities between our two products, including with all realtime protection components fully enabled and active.