Browser hijacked by Snap.do. Unable to complete Anti-Malware scan

Dell Inspiron 1525, Windows Vista

Hello Malwarebytes! Please help!

My computer was infected with Snap.do which hijacked both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I followed the advice on malwaretips.com (malwaretips/blogs/snap-do-toolbar-removal/) and after backing up my files, uninstalled the program (which was cunningly named Quick Share and published under Linkbury Inc). I then removed the Snap.do residual damage (following the step-by-step instructions... until today I was quite happy with Norton and knew nothing about viruses... 5 hours later however :P) from both browsers and ran Adwcleaner to remove Snap.do registry keys as recommended. I then downloaded Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, which after running a quick scan detected 5 objects. I only wrote down that they were Adware-lBryte and the remaining four were Trojan.Zlob, so I'm unsure of the exact location, but I think it was in My Folders (?!). After clicking remove, I was prompted to restart my computer to complete the process. However it is now stuck on the 'Shutting down...' screen and after 2 hours has failed to shut down and restart. It has failed to shut down before after Windows updates and I have had to manually close it down by holding the power key, but I'm worried to do that in this instance?

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I'm a complete novice to virus software! I've borrowed my Dad's computer so have access to emails etc!

Thanks so much!!

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Being that you are probably infected, feel free to follow the instructions below to receive free, one-on-one expert assistance in checking your system and clearing out any infections and correcting any damage done by the malware.

Please see the following pinned topic which has information on how to get help with this: Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers

Thank you