Relax, and take a breather.

And for those of you who do not know me, take this with a BIG ole grain of salt. I'm doing nothing more than being funny after a gruelingly exhausting 8 hours of this, and taxes, and rebuilding a computer 2 days after I reinstalled my OS....

But it seems that the newest Rogue on the block is none other than MBAM itself :P

Ah. OK, in all seriousness, that is no laughing matter - but tensions are high, and I really hope everyone tries to smile just a little now that it's peaked.

After all, it could be worse - you could have been in Boston. Let's not forget that even as we struggle here to fix all these customers.

And for those of you who do not know me, take this with a BIG ole grain of salt. I'm doing nothing more than being funny <snip>

After all, it could be worse - you could have been in Boston. Let's not forget that even as we struggle here to fix all these customers.

Hi, John:

Thanks so VERY much for all your hard work helping our MBAM Team to sort out the FP problem.

Many, many OPs were greatly assisted by your expert, calm and helpful input long into the wee hours overnight.

I, too, am well-known for "black humor" -- it's a necessity in my line of work.

So, I expect you meant no harm.

However, there is nothing at all "funny" about yesterday's terrible tragedy in Boston.

Three innocent victims -- among them an 8 year-old boy -- died, and scores more were seriously wounded.

As such, I personally find this post in the "Tailwaggers and Jokes" section of the forum to be insensitive and inappropriate.

No offense is intended by this, and I do most sincerely thank you for your understanding,

daledoc1

Hi, John:

Thanks so VERY much for all your hard work helping our MBAM Team to sort out the FP problem.

Many, many OPs were greatly assisted by your expert, calm and helpful input long into the wee hours overnight.

I, too, am well-known for "black humor" -- it's a necessity in my line of work.

So, I expect you meant no harm.

However, there is nothing at all "funny" about yesterday's terrible tragedy in Boston.

Three innocent victims -- among them an 8 year-old boy -- died, and scores more were seriously wounded.

As such, I personally find this post in the "Tailwaggers and Jokes" section of the forum to be insensitive and inappropriate.

No offense is intended by this, and I do most sincerely thank you for your understanding,

daledoc1

I don't believe he was making light of what happened in Boston, in fact I believe he was putting this false positive event into perspective by saying that while the FP was a serious problem, it is insignificant compared to the real tragedy which occurred in Boston. I could be wrong on that, but that's how I read it.

I don't believe he was making light of what happened in Boston, in fact I believe he was putting this false positive event into perspective by saying that while the FP was a serious problem, it is insignificant compared to the real tragedy which occurred in Boston. I could be wrong on that, but that's how I read it.

Indeed, perhaps, maybe so...

.......but I just don't understand the statement: "nothing more than being funny", or why this was posted in "Tailwaggers and Jokes"??

I concur with putting events into perspective.

It's just that neither the Boston bombings or the serious computer issues from yesterday's FP seem particularly funny, at least to me.

The juxtaposition of the two, here in this sub-section of the forum, seems odd at best.

JMHO.

Apologies to John L. Galt and to you, Exile, if I misunderstood.

Peace, :)

daledoc1