System Black Screen Cannot Boot Windows

Hello andertrack723,

First thing to do:

1. Shutdown the system (this may require you to hold down the power button until it shuts off.

Next,

2. We need to launch safe mode. Turn back on the power and press F8 on your keyboard until a cmd prompt to launch safe mode with networking.

Please follow the directions Samuel Lindsey posted. If you need anymore assistance please do not hesitate to respond.

Thank you.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this, especially to people telling me to start in safe mode. I CAN'T START IN SAFE MODE! I can't start my computer at all! Your program quarantined my start up files and I can't do anything. I don't want to be rude about this but my patience is running quite thin.

I don't know how many times I've had to say this, especially to people telling me to start in safe mode. I CAN'T START IN SAFE MODE! I can't start my computer at all! Your program quarantined my start up files and I can't do anything. I don't want to be rude about this but my patience is running quite thin.

I wasn't able to start into safe mode either but I was able to fix it this way:

To open the System Recovery Options menu on your computer

• Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.

• Do one of the following:

• If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

• If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.

[*]

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)

[*]

Select a keyboard layout, and then click Next.

[*]

On the System Recovery Options menu, click a tool to open it.

• 3 years later...