Automatic lock screen option

Gt-truth

Automatic lock screen option

I have a Wonderful suggestion ,a new one, and worth working on it to improve your program and add new features just like this one "Automatic lock screen option'" Which will close all open windows include browsers and folders Etc. before starting to scan the system. ...then

At the beginning of the scan system Mbam will lock your Windows screen automatically to prevent tampering or something like that. :lol:

Until the Mbam restart system will unlock the user’s screen. :P

:)

Interesting suggestion...

I for one would not like Malwarebytes closing any of my windows that I have open, especially if I have been working on something for a while and I may loose the session/work I have done. Most of the time when my MBAM scan happens, I see it pop up in the background while I am working and it goes away once its done.

As for locking the screen.... I do that every time I leave my workstation automatically for security by hitting the Windows Key + L....

Windows key + L is a very old style and we want something different and have something new we can meditate on the beautiful screen while the program do a scan and this thing will be good also supposed to be this new feature prevents the user from accessing to the system so that a scan system is completed. :)

And also would be nice if the program can password lock screen - will be an excellent option if locked screen with the same Windows password you chose earlier. :)

Until the scan process is finished will be asked to enter a password to then be able to restart the system and delete all the infection .. :)

• Root Admin

Not saying we will or wont' implement it but only that I have the entire update and scanning fully silent and automated and I rarely ever open the program. For me it just works and I don't have to touch it. Locking the screen on the other hand is something I do very often as said and I don't know of any faster method on any computer. Less than 1 second and the screen is locked for me.

I think that that is a neat idea, but I for one would not like it, and would hope that it was an OPTION and not something that you HAD to use with the product (I would say the same for any software program on a computer that had this option).

I also like windows + L

Now I like the option of locking the screen like if you are away. Other security products already do that and can be set by the OS for a set amount of inactivity. However, I do not like it automatically closing out things especially if I am working on something unless I specifically give the instruction.

Now I like the option of locking the screen like if you are away. Other security products already do that and can be set by the OS for a set amount of inactivity. However, I do not like it automatically closing out things especially if I am working on something unless I specifically give the instruction.

I agree!

But you will have to close all open windows if you wish to scan your system for malware? Right?And does not want to start the scan process before you close all open windows and other things to have a program less time to complete the full scan!

And do not forget to click on Save your work so you can done it later :)

• Root Admin

No. I don't have to close any applications to scan with the program. However normally I do set it to scan at times when I'm not typically using the program but that's up to the user. I don't use a Full Scan either. Quick Scan is enough to find any real threats and I use my antivirus to do any dormant file scans.

I usually scan when I am not using the computer, and manually scan (vs scheduling it). However, I will do scans sometimes when I am using the computer.

But no, it is not really necessary to close things when scanning, although it may make scan time a tiny bit faster.

Well, I've test Quick Scan with open-browsers but this takes more time to complete the Quick Scan?While I will do I close all open windows and this thing will help your program to take less time!As to recommend closing all these things up :) lol

Note: I do not use any anti-virus, because it had become a heavy on system uses 4 GB RAM, so I only use portable protection programs for a quick-Virus-scan ;)

• Root Admin

Okay a bit off Topic now for your suggestion but I'll go ahead and leave this information for you. If you wan to discuss further please create a new post in the General forum as this topic has gone off topic now.

Certainly up to you if you don't want to use an antivirus, but Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary solution to a fully installed Anti-Virus application and is not an Anti-Virus product.

Please see the following link for an explanation from one of our forum Experts.

http://forums.malwar...ndpost&p=487311

Thank you again for your suggestion.