Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 Released!

2 over the top Mbam Pro's, absolutely perfect, Except for the start-up type changing back to Automatic. Back when Mbam made the change to Automatic start, On both Machines with Mbam Pro, they would hang up during start-up(appx. 30 sec's), Mbam icon being first in tray before anything else was loaded. Simply changed the start-up type back to Automatic(Delayed), end of issue. New versions come through and settings have to be re-set

• 1 month later...

My first exposure to your product was at work when the latest version of the FBI virus locked our clerks computer; after some on-line research I downloaded the free/trial version placed it on a thumb drive and took it to her machine. I booted her laptop into safe mode with networking, did the install and let it update the database. I then rebooted into safe mode (no networking) and did a full scan. It found six infected files which I opted to remove. After the reboot to the main Windows GUI I ran another full scan there and came up clean. I made some adjustments to her Internet security settings and her life is back to normal; it's been about a week and everything is running well and stable.

My boss liked the product so well he purchased a business key for her machine and is lobbying for a possible roll-out of the software for the rest of our office. I was so impressed that I bought a copy for my home machine and am loving it so far. Version 1.75 seems stable and very, very thorough in it's scanning process. Thank you for making my home Internet experience safer and more secure. MJ

Hi Mammiejammer - and :welcome:

Thank you for supporting our program - It is always good to hear from a happy customer - Thank you for using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Activating the full version unlocks realtime protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating. Best regards from the crew -

My first exposure to your product was at work when the latest version of the FBI virus locked our clerks computer; after some on-line research I downloaded the free/trial version placed it on a thumb drive and took it to her machine. I booted her laptop into safe mode with networking, did the install and let it update the database. I then rebooted into safe mode (no networking) and did a full scan. It found six infected files which I opted to remove. After the reboot to the main Windows GUI I ran another full scan there and came up clean. I made some adjustments to her Internet security settings and her life is back to normal; it's been about a week and everything is running well and stable.

My boss liked the product so well he purchased a business key for her machine and is lobbying for a possible roll-out of the software for the rest of our office. I was so impressed that I bought a copy for my home machine and am loving it so far. Version 1.75 seems stable and very, very thorough in it's scanning process. Thank you for making my home Internet experience safer and more secure. MJ

That's great, thank you for posting and for supporting our product and our company :D!

Also, if your boss would like more info on the business versions of our product, it may be found on our website here or he may contact our Sales department directly for information, including a custom quote to suit your company's specific needs here.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does MBAM have a force-breach feature like HitmanPro and Comodo ? I mean, if you hold down Ctrl while the program loads it will kill all non-essential processes.

No, but we do have Malwarebytes Chameleon technology which will get Malwarebytes Anti-Malware running when there is malware on the system trying to prevent it and it also terminates any malicious processes found in memory to ensure that nothing stops Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from doing its job and removing the threats.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Administrators

Hi Wojtek,

Like we've have done with previous versions, we'll continue to support the previous version for one year after an update. We released 2.0 in March so support for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 will continue until at least March 2015.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wojtek,

Like we've have done with previous versions, we'll continue to support the previous version for one year after an update. We released 2.0 in March so support for Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75 will continue until March 2015.

Thanks.

Are you sure? I opened it and clicked update tonight and got 2.02 instead of an update to 1.75. I assume if I had canceled and tried again it would have still downloaded 2.02 which goes against that.

• Root Admin

You need to go into the options and turn of "Program" updates but leave on "Database" updates. Then it will only install database updates but now that it's started the update process it may be easier to uninstall and then reinstall 1.75 and set the options to not update the program. If you need further assistance please let us know. However I would highly recommend using the 2 version as it is a superior product with more features than 1.x

I do have a question, is there some bug with the MWB icon not appearing? In both the folder and my taskbar (where I have it), it's just the white paper looking thing with a window on it for some reason. It was the logo yesterday (though, only on my taskbar) so I'm not sure why it would be like that now.

I do have a question, is there some bug with the MWB icon not appearing? In both the folder and my taskbar (where I have it), it's just the white paper looking thing with a window on it for some reason. It was the logo yesterday (though, only on my taskbar) so I'm not sure why it would be like that now.

Hello and :welcome:

This is not a bug of Malwarebytes, but rather one from windows that has been around for some time... This helpdesk article HERE should resolve your issue.

Thanks, that got it back. It doesn't have the consent shield anymore though (although it still requires it), but I guess that doesn't matter since I thought it looked bad like that anyway.

One question about the fix it thing though, after I did the icon fix, a window popped up saying my computer would shutdown/log off) in 10 min and I want to know it that's normal? I've since restarted to see if the icon stayed (which it did), but I'm pretty much paranoid when it comes to my laptop so I was just wondering.

Thanks, that got it back. It doesn't have the consent shield anymore though (although it still requires it), but I guess that doesn't matter since I thought it looked bad like that anyway.

One question about the fix it thing though, after I did the icon fix, a window popped up saying my computer would shutdown/log off) in 10 min and I want to know it that's normal? I've since restarted to see if the icon stayed (which it did), but I'm pretty much paranoid when it comes to my laptop so I was just wondering.

You're good regarding the 10" restart.

The Fixit article (813711) > More Information >

Other issues that the MATS package fixes >

2396571  Icons change incorrectly in Windows.

Notice

Important Before you run this the Fix It, save your data, and close the application. After you run the Fix It, your computer will restart after 10 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for explaining how to update just definitions without the program update. I have set my machine and any other I choose to run Malwarebytes on to do only this.

I understand that it is your prerogative to make your program appear how you want but from a users perspective, its horrible and the clean look has gone to some ugly interface that looks like malware and behaves like it too. It had found many threats and yet all were ticked as "ignore" clicking "quarantine all" seems to not actually do anything other than shut malware bytes down.

Hi:

Thank you for explaining how to update just definitions without the program update. I have set my machine and any other I choose to run Malwarebytes on to do only this.

I understand that it is your prerogative to make your program appear how you want but from a users perspective, its horrible and the clean look has gone to some ugly interface that looks like malware and behaves like it too. It had found many threats and yet all were ticked as "ignore" clicking "quarantine all" seems to not actually do anything other than shut malware bytes down.

This thread was started in April 2013 and actually pertains to version 1.75, which is no longer the current version, having been replaced by version 2.0 several months ago. ;)

Moreover this forum section isn't set up for support (for example, we cannot post attachments ).

If you have "Comments and Suggestions" about version 2, then -- for prompt attention by the Product team -- they may be better posted in this forum section here: Comments and Suggestions - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

If you have problems installing, configuring or running version 2, then these issues would be better posted in this forum section here: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help. We can better assist you there, if you would like to start a new topic.

Thanks for your feedback,

• Root Admin

As this topic is very old and relates to a previous software version I'm going to go ahead and close this topic now.

If you need help with the program or other issues please start a new topic in the forum below and someone will either assist you ore direct you where to post for your specific issue.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help

Thank you