False positives ip block

MyOpicVoid

I think you need to provide us with some information about what you would like us to fix.

IMO - If you block a site ( like my example an outgoing IP address from Firefox) the software should describe why it is blocking it? Is there a way to trace or define why Firefox would send date to this IP? What program was associated with it?

Additionally, if you're blocking it shouldn't your software flag some issue when doing a full scan?

Sorry - maybe I'm making this too simplistic but as of now what I see is a noisy IP adress with you telling me the software is doing its job.

You offer a solution to change the registry to turn off the notices but if I truly have something on my PC that is trying to send personal data to another site why would I shut this service off?

Thanks for listening.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little more info on this possible malicious site being blocked. It's a site with the URL of http://forums.theraysrepublic.com/index.php?. It's a forum for baseball fans who follow the Tampa Bay Rays.

So Malware is blocking an outgoing message it's just that nobody knows why and what it is blocking?

It's not a very sophisticated web site - supposedly no paid advertising etc. but it's definitely pinging the same IP address. I'll come back with the IP if needed.

Thanks.