Jump to content

Auto Update not working


Recommended Posts

Windows 7 64 bit and using windows firewall. Did some tweaking with the firewall re Outbound Rules set to block and white listing certain programs allowed. Regarding Malwarebytes I have white listed MBAM, MBAMScheduler, and MBAMSevice, remote ports 83 and 443. Is there anything else that I should allow in the Outbound rules to fix auto updates? Manual updater works ok. Thanks in advance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello and Welcome to Malwarebytes

Please create an mbam-check log:

  • Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

Next, Please run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.


    When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

  • Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here the files as requested. I hope I did it right. :)

An update to the auto update problem; seems to be working now as evidenced by the latest log.(see attachment) The only thing that I changed in the meanwhile was deleting the repository file in wbem system 32. Don't know if that helped or not but the main thing is the auto update seems to work again.

Copy of MBAM log.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it's working now that's good..

I would recommend backing up the registry and then open REGEDIT.EXE and browse to this location and delete the items in red

Also make sure you create a new System Restore Point

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

C:\Users\Les\Desktop\startuplite-setup-1.07.exe

C:\Users\Les\Desktop\QMPBASS_2.1.3.exe

C:\Users\Les\Desktop\enc_WindowsMedia9EncoderPlugin.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

SIGN.MEDIA=29D01D6 Epson.exe

C:\Windows\Temp\IE141B2.tmp\IE10-support\iexplore.exe

Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed one portion as I was distracted and forgot to include it.

Please click on START and type in CMD and when it shows on the menu right click and choose "Run as administrator"

Then in the DOS console type the exact entry below in red and press the Enter key. You should get a Success message, if you do not let me know.

NOTE: The start name includes the equal sign.

A space is required between the equal sign and the demand value.

sc config TERMService start= demand

Then launch MBAM and check for updates

Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed one portion as I was distracted and forgot to include it.

Please click on START and type in CMD and when it shows on the menu right click and choose "Run as administrator"

Then in the DOS console type the exact entry below in red and press the Enter key. You should get a Success message, if you do not let me know.

NOTE: The start name includes the equal sign.

A space is required between the equal sign and the demand value.

sc config TERMService start= demand

Then launch MBAM and check for updates

Followed the instructions above and I did receive the Success message and the MBAM updates are working both manual and automatic. Thanks again for your help and thanks for the welcome to the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.