Is it just me or does malwarebytes find as much as it used to?

I used to run malwarebytes on machines infected with malware and spyware and it always used to find many things. Nowadays even on those type of machines only several things are found. I'm not sure if certain spyware products are purposely not detected or what but it just seems like things aren't being found.

That is a good question.

I used the free version for a couple of years running on-demand Full Scans about every other week on two W7-SP1 x64 computers. I think it found one or two pieces of Malware.

Last December I purchased two licenses and a few days ago purchased two more. Three W8-Pro x64 computers and one W7-SP1 x64 computer. All four have MBAM set to Full Protection. MBAM has yet to find any Malware on any of my computers even though I run regularly scheduled scans.

It has blocked potentionally malicious webpages though which is the main reason along with being able to schedule scans that i upgraded to Pro.

I would recomemend you have the following in MBAM:

Click the Settings Tab and then the General Settings sub-tab. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

Then click the Scanner settings sub-tab in second row of tabs. Make sure all option lines have a checkmark.

As to any experience where you are getting unwanted stuff still showing up on your pc, I would suggest you beef up your online behavior & beef up on your prevention techniques.

First of all, do not be quick to click on links, lest you fall onto an infected site. Watch your typed spelling for web-sites as you might just get to the wrong site.

Do not be quick in general when tempted to click a link. Try to determine if the site is safe.

Consider using Web of Trust WOT add-on for your browser(s)

http://www.mywot.com/en/download

http://www.mywot.com/en/faq/add-on

If you have MBAM PRO, be sure to turn on website blocking.

Have a hardware router between the incoming internet-modem and your computer.

Use a Standard user account rather than an administrator-rights account when "surfing" the web.

Take extreme care if you share USB-flash/thumb drives from other people {even from friends, roommates, relatives}

Don't plug in an unknown flash/thumb drive into your PC.

IF you must do so, hold down the SHIFT-key when you insert the drive.

Scan any file with your Antivirus prior to opening or using.

As a general rule, do not "open" right away downloaded files (from the internet) but first scan it with your antivirus & with MBAM.

Be careful when installing programs, especially utilities from the internet: try to use the Custom install option if possible, so that you know what is being installed.

The more you practice safer pc-use the less crud you will have on it.

HTH