After Removing a Threat - No internet connectivity, drivers not loading

Bluefoot33

After running a scan and using removing a threat, I restarted my computer and then noticed web pages weren't loading many elements. My connection was fine then as far as other applications go, but the web broswer was refusing to load things other than text and very basic elements of the page. I tried 3 different web broswers and had the same problem with all. I lowered my browser security and it didn't help.

I also flushed my DNS and checked router settings. This problem is specific to my computer, other computers on the network are fine.

So I then decided to do a selective startup and disabled almost everything, same problem.

Then I booted in safe mode w/ networking, and by then I my network drivers were just not loading at all. Same with sound, video card, etc.

Now I'm configuring startup to load EVERYTHING with hopes of my sound, video, and networking drivers to load on start up but I'm not having any luck at all.

Does anyone know a simple fix for this? I cannot run system restore.

Hello and welcome, bluefoot33: :)

You may have some remnants of malware or residual damage from the infection.

Please follow the recommendations in this pinned topic: Available Assistance For Possibly Infected Computers.

A qualified helper will guide you through the cleanup process.

>>If the computer is too crippled even to be able to run the requested DDS scan, then please just start a new post in the malware section (or a helpdesk ticket) anyway.

The experts will have some other tools to try.

When you are given the "all clear" from a malware standpoint, your helper may refer you back here for other, non-malware related issues, if needed.

Thanks,

daledoc1