Here's a new topic since you keep closing mine.

(You people really need to work on your attitudes. Don't expect people to just blindly follow what you say, especially when it involves ridiculous things like turning off your AV while connected to the internet.)

I did this risky scan without my AV on. I did disconnect from the internet about 10 minutes in (you never said I couldn't do that!) and it still worked even while disconnected. I should have disconnected as soon as it finished downloading the updates.

I now feel that my computer is more likely to be infected than it was before. But oh well, ESET scanner has to have my AV of WHILE online...

Anyway, here are the results.

ESETSmartInstaller@High as CAB hook log:

OnlineScanner64.ocx - registred OK

OnlineScanner.ocx - registred OK

esets_scanner_update returned -1 esets_gle=12

esets_scanner_update returned -1 esets_gle=12

# version=8

# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1

# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6920

# api_version=3.0.2

# EOSSerial=433e1c01055e554ea46d60ef91f4eb77

# engine=13423

# end=stopped

# remove_checked=false

# archives_checked=true

# unwanted_checked=true

# unsafe_checked=true

# antistealth_checked=true

# utc_time=2013-03-19 01:10:19

# local_time=2013-03-18 08:10:19 (-0600, Central Daylight Time)

# country="United States"

# lang=1033

# osver=6.1.7601 NT Service Pack 1

# compatibility_mode=5893 16776573 100 94 699941 115198869 0 0

# scanned=18

# found=0

# cleaned=0

# scan_time=0

# version=8

# OnlineScannerApp.exe=1.0.0.1

# OnlineScanner.ocx=1.0.0.6920

# api_version=3.0.2

# EOSSerial=433e1c01055e554ea46d60ef91f4eb77

# engine=13423

# end=finished

# remove_checked=false

# archives_checked=true

# unwanted_checked=true

# unsafe_checked=true

# antistealth_checked=true

# utc_time=2013-03-19 05:52:58

# local_time=2013-03-19 12:52:58 (-0600, Central Daylight Time)

# country="United States"

# lang=1033

# osver=6.1.7601 NT Service Pack 1

# compatibility_mode=5893 16776573 100 94 760100 115259028 0 0

# scanned=117762

# found=0

# cleaned=0

# scan_time=1267

post-114847-0-24770200-1363720859.jpg

(You people really need to work on your attitudes. Don't expect people to just blindly follow what you say, especially when it involves ridiculous things like turning off your AV while connected to the internet.)

That is not the problem. The problem is you are being rude to everybody who has tried to help you by refusing to follow the instructions given. These people that are helping you are trained in removing malware so you would be in good hands if you were to get infected during removal. Remember they are "trained" to remove malware so any issues you have can be fixed by the helper.

We already told you to get help elsewhere. Nobody is going to help you as you do not want to follow any instructions and that is just rude to people who give their free time to others.

That is not the problem. The problem is you are being rude to everybody who has tried to help you by refusing to follow the instructions given. These people that are helping you are trained in removing malware so you would be in good hands if you were to get infected during removal. Remember they are "trained" to remove malware so any issues you have can be fixed by the helper.

We already told you to get help elsewhere. Nobody is going to help you as you do not want to follow any instructions and that is just rude to people who give their free time to others.

It's not rude to question something like being told to connect to the net with my AV off. That's just your ego being too big for its britches.

It is not rude to ask questions.

It isn't even rude to decline to follow instructions. It is your computer to do with as you wish.

What is rude to make the decision not to follow the instructions... but then continue to say "Fix it for me but I'm going to pick and choose what directions I will follow" and meanwhile continue doing things with your computer outside the cleaning process.

As has been already stated... we are all volunteers. Maurice is one of the best, and widely respected. When you ask for help there is a tacit agreement that the helper will do his best to help you and you will do your best to follow their instructions explicitly. It appears in your thread that the agreement was broken.