No Database Update Since Last Night

Hi there,

Usually I will see several Malwarebytes database updates throughout the day. I just went to update my client on my home pc after work and it's showing that the database from 11:08:51 ET on 3/4/2013 is the most current update.

Is this correct or is something wrong with my installation of Malwarebytes?

Thanks!

• Root Admin

No, I'm on multiple updates today.

Please run a Quick Scan and post back the log.

Next, please run the following and post back the log.

Please create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please do not copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, instead please attach the log CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post

Thanks

Hi Ron,

I just did another check and the program updated to a release for today. I don't know what was going on. I'm posting the log files as you requested just so you can give it a look over to make sure I'm ok.

I'm currently running 3/5/2013 at 6:15:51 PM

v2013.03.05.14

Thanks!

• Root Admin

Yep, it's on the right version now.

Only odd thing I saw was a compatibility setting in the Registry for Java. I would recommend if possible to just uninstall and not use Java if you can do without it but if not make sure it's the latest version at all times.

I'd remove this entry from the registry as well.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javacpl.exe

Cheers

Hi Ron,

I had done a Java uninstall several months ago when all the attacks started happening. I don't show it installed on my PC at all under control panel?

Is there a way for me to edit my last post to remove the text files since it has my computer name and things on it now that you've taken a look?

Thanks again!