Can MWB replace Norton, AVG etc

Hello and :welcome:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be a replacement for antivirus software. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a complementary but essential program which detects and removes zero-day malware and "Malware in the Wild". This includes malicious programs and files, such as worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware, and rogue applications that many antivirus programs do not detect or cannot fully remove. It is important to note that Malwarebytes Anti-Malware works well and should run alongside antivirus software without conflicts. In some rare instances, exclusions may need to be set for your specific antivirus product to achieve the best possible system performance.

Also more info on this can be found => HERE <=

Greetings :)

What Firefox said above is definitely true. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not a replacement for a fully active and up-to-date antivirus. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is designed to offer additional protection for your system by blocking the latest 0-day threats that antivirus software tends to miss as well as malicious websites known for distributing/hosting malware and other malicious content.

You may refer to this knowledgebase article for additional info.

• 1 year later...

Just found this thread checking on the same question (can MWB replace AV?). Read the supporting links as well, and understand the difference. But now the business version of the MWB is out. Can I assume it still has the basic functionality?

Second question: At our place of buisness we have learned that it is very difficult to run AV in real-time. We tried AVG and it brought down our Point of Sale system by quarantining two mission critical processes. We tried Avast! and it brought down our reservations system. And yes, exclusions were in place. I am seeing AV simply get more and more agressive with each new release. Justifiably so, but I've grown tired of the AV treadmill and all its associated hells, so we do overnight scans only. Plus we protect heavily at the border, do user education (click that link or open that attachment and you die), and build defenses specifically at high profile targets.

Having said all that, I LOVE Malwarebytes freebee version. With the business veriosn now out, with its centralized management console, and assuming it can be configured to send the admin an email when an infection occurs, and pester the user as little as possible with poups (like "oh gee, I just updated myself"), I am thinking about buying and installing it, and maybe letting it run in real time. Oh, my question: If i sent a MWB rep the name of the two business softwares we run could you tell me if the business product is aware not to quarantime it?

thank you!

Just found this thread checking on the same question (can MWB replace AV?). Read the supporting links as well, and understand the difference. But now the business version of the MWB is out. Can I assume it still has the basic functionality?

Second question: At our place of buisness we have learned that it is very difficult to run AV in real-time. We tried AVG and it brought down our Point of Sale system by quarantining two mission critical processes. We tried Avast! and it brought down our reservations system. And yes, exclusions were in place. I am seeing AV simply get more and more agressive with each new release. Justifiably so, but I've grown tired of the AV treadmill and all its associated hells, so we do overnight scans only. Plus we protect heavily at the border, do user education (click that link or open that attachment and you die), and build defenses specifically at high profile targets.

Having said all that, I LOVE Malwarebytes freebee version. With the business veriosn now out, with its centralized management console, and assuming it can be configured to send the admin an email when an infection occurs, and pester the user as little as possible with poups (like "oh gee, I just updated myself"), I am thinking about buying and installing it, and maybe letting it run in real time. Oh, my question: If i sent a MWB rep the name of the two business softwares we run could you tell me if the business product is aware not to quarantime it?

thank you!

It might be better if you ask questions related to business editions of MBAM in the Business Edition forums.

See https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showforum=109 and choose the appropriate forum for the edition you have questions about.