NEW VIRUS OR AN OLD ONE htttps softwred.info/redirect.cgi#pcdrtoaster.exe

Cockneyrebel

Hi

I recently decided to change laptops,my old trusted faithful was getting old but premature wiping and a trip to the thift shop came about a year sooner than I had hoped she would last.

I seem to have got by a virus that seemed very clever. Not being a geek but in laypersons terms it was almost like having one of those trick sticks inserted. First not 2 big a problem every browser request home page would get redirected to a software education "website”. Next any attempt to login to or import a virus removal piece of software would not work.It would produce all sorts of "errors “The very clever part about it was when you did eventually get to other webpages or goggled how to get rid......it would take you to cloned sites where more software was on sale or free toll.

Even better when you visited the usually trusted forums and user grops even these were “hijacked” False postings and users who popped up with the same details and postings on all sites. The same toll free phone numbers coming up.

Thank you for your purchase, Ars*hole!

PLEASE NOTE: Your credit card statement will show a $10 charge

Activate your new

software by calling

(0800) 014-8114

call toll-free

Call 24 hours a day, 7 day

SpeedyPC Software

2nd Floor, 1892 West Broadway, Vancouver, BC, V6J 1Y9 Canada | (0800) 014-8114 |

© 2013 SpeedyPC Software. All rights reserved.

Having twigged what appeared to be happening I then viewed the same web pages at the same time on both the laptop and a i pad at the same time. Without exception every web page on the laptop was false with altered adverts images phone numbers and all sorts.

So trying to get rid of whatever the virus was proved impossible ,any virus removal tool website or disc ,USB the files could not be uncompressed unzipped and when I did manage to get one to run it detected no virus or malware. So a complete wipe of everything including the operating system undertaken.

What I cannot figure out is I had just paid $10 to install Speedypc pro.Although having paid and got the Activation and License Key I was then invited to phone toll to activate my software where their technicians would activate my software and at my request diagnose my PC for those good old hard to diagnose problems.(look in the mirror).Unfortunately I did not phone them perhaps they would have solved all of my issues and the computer !!!!!!AND THEY ARE A GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER !!!!!!!!

SpeedyPC Pro 101: Learn how to use your new software!

Over the next several weeks we'll be sending you a set of lessons on how to use your new SpeedyPC Pro software. SpeedyPC Pro has many easy to use features, and we'll break down just what each of them does and how they can be used to keep your computer running in peak condition.

As a SpeedyPC Pro owner, we also recommend you subscribe to our monthly newsletter. Once a month you'll receive quick fixes and information on how to keep your computer working as good as new with very little work - and you'll get exclusive deals and chances to win free computer stuff. Best of all, it's free.

Publisher: ParetoLogic Inc. 1827 Fort St. Victoria BC V8R 1J6 Canada

Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries

Anyway I now am using a new Lenovo with full Norton belt and braces protection and a happy bunny. But do I believe the newsletters and go for it again. Will it be compatible with my new laptop??? LOL WTF

This was a serious post by the way

us.toshiba.com/petbook

yeah ... it is a form of "scamware" (i certainly have *other* names for these types of malicious/fraudulent products) , at least as indicated by a google search , and in particular this page :

http://www.networkworld.com/community/blog/loathe-lowdown-scareware-scams-lawsuit-claims-speedy-pc-pro-fraudulent-software

more in-depth research would be in order for the OP to make a well informed decision as to what the next indicated correct step for him would be .