aae1bebf69c73fd0b7dd2f and a3c20a52ad070a4466639e99

These two files appeared on my drive. (aae1bebf69c73fd0b7dd2f and a3c20a52ad070a4466639e99)

I am an administrator and when I try to delete them or changed their properties from read-only, I get the message that I must be an admin. Nothing I've run seems to work. AVG, Malwarebytes, Microsoft Security Essentials) Any suggestions?

Thank you-

Files or Folders ?

Chances are that they are Microsoft HotFix/Update remnants. They may exist but really don't take up any space and can be left alone without consequences. Because of the way the folders are created, even if you have Administrative Rights, you can't delete the folders indicating you don't have sufficient rights to do so.

If this is the case, you have to "Take Ownership" of the folders to gain the privileges to delete them. How you go about performing that will depend upon the version of the Windows Operating System these folders are on.

You can't change Read-Only attributes on folders and it will not help.

The ONLY way you can delete them is to Take Ownership.

Right-Click on the folder in question.

Choose "Security" --> advanced --> owner --> edit

If your account is not listed, Add it via "Other users and groups".

Check the box; "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"