Why doesn't MBAM save the log file?

I just downloaded MBAM and did a full scan. When it finished, I went back to the Main Menu and hit the Log Files tab, and didn't see anything. I figured I didn't see anything because I didn't click that Save Log button.

So then I did a quick scan, and when it finished, I clicked the Save Log button and saved the log file. Then I went back to the Log Files tab and still didn't see it. I had to open up Windows Explorer to find it.

Then I tried to just scan a directory in Windows Explorer using the right-click scan option. That's when I finally saw a log file show up in the Log Files tab.

So why doesn't MBAM automatically save a log file when doing a full or quick scan, like it does if you just scan a directory using Windows Explorer? And why don't you see the log file in the Log Files tab if you choose Save Log after a full or quick scan?

I cannot give you the full answer becouse im not a developer ect, but the main root folder of the logs are found here

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Profile Name)\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

go have a look and see if the scan logs are there?

hope this helps and maybe one of the team gives you more details

I cannot give you the full answer becouse im not a developer ect, but the main root folder of the logs are found here

C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Profile Name)\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

go have a look and see if the scan logs are there?

hope this helps and maybe one of the team gives you more details

I check there, and the only log in there was for when I right-clicked on a directory in Windows Explorer and did a scan. There were not any logs for the full and quick scans that I did.

• Root Admin

Well I've not seen it not create the log. I've seen it place it somewhere else.

The only time I've seen it not create it is when the user chooses to abort the scan by clicking to the Main menu or something like that.

You can search your drive for it. The file name format is like this. mbam-log-2009-01-19 (00-14-03).txt so you could search for mbam-log- and see where it finds any.

Well I've not seen it not create the log. I've seen it place it somewhere else.

The only time I've seen it not create it is when the user chooses to abort the scan by clicking to the Main menu or something like that.

You can search your drive for it. The file name format is like this. mbam-log-2009-01-19 (00-14-03).txt so you could search for mbam-log- and see where it finds any.

OK, well the full and quick scans did find 1 thing, and that is just a registry entry that I didn't want to remove. So I clicked on Main Menu and it asked me if I wanted to abort, and I said OK. That must be why it didn't save a log.

But how else can I exit the screen where it shows me the things that it found, besides clicking on Main Menu? What button should I have clicked to have caused it to save the log file?

You don't. If you don't want MBAM to remove it then highlight it and add it to the IGNORE list.

Then MBAM will no longer report that item in its scans

Oh yeah, I remember that I did click on Ignore when I did the full scan, and then it did not save a log file.

When I later did the quick scan, I clicked on Main Menu and it asked if I wanted to abort.

So it does not seem to save a log file automatically, you have to click on Save Log if you want that, and then it won't even appear in the Log File tab.