Windows 7 Hangs on Startup with MBAM AutoStart & ESET NOD32 V4

As recommended I'm moving my post from the end of an old topic to the start of a new one.

I just licensed 2 copies of MalwareBytes (1.70.0.1100) and am having a problem with my Windows 7 Pro computer "hanging" on startup. I also have Eset NOD32 AV 4.0.437.0 installed, and when MBAM is set to start with Windows what happens is I will get to the login screen, type my password, then I'll get the spinning "Welcome" message. 4 times out of 5 I go no further: perhaps on the 5th try I'll get to my Desktop. I then disabled MBAM's auto startup and I haven't had a problem logging in. My strategy is to then start MBAM manually but I frequently forget, so I'd really like to be able to set MBAM to start automatically. The funny thing is that I have the same configuration on my Laptop (also runs Windows 7 Pro but ESET AV6 instead of 4) and have no problem with them co-existing even with MBAM on auto startup.

Does anyone who uses MBAM and ESET have any info about how to troubleshoot this issue or know some programs that might be interfering?

Thanks in advance.

Norman

Hello,

This appears to be a problem with an update for Malwarebytes'. I have several systems exhibiting this behaviour in recent weeks. Four separate P. C.s have now frozen during various stages of startup. I would note that they can be left on and will sometimes stop grinding and continue after ~an hour's time.

The computers use Norton Internet Security 2012 or 2013. They have all of the Malwarebytes' exceptions recommended for corporate Norton and also the additional executables from the MBAM directory added. The only solution was to disable Malwarebytes' autostarts. The P. C.s were checked with full updated scans with Norton, MBAM and Combofix. Please investigate.

Thank you,

Silekonn