Found PUM.Hijack.StartMenu

whonew

I have found a Backdoor after downloading MB and ran a full scan. I have Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security anti virus program and do not know if that is what Malwarebytes just picked up. I do however believe that there is a Fake Flashplayer in my Google Browser

Hello whonew and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.
  • Do not perform any kind of scanning and fixing without my instructions. If you want to proceed on your own, please let me know.

BACKDOOR WARNING

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do? Part II

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please let me know.

I posted in the wrong site, sorry . I have no Idea how to delete that . I wanted to know if Major Geek is Official download site? I do not remember seeing that on my first download before Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security forced me to remove Malwarebytes. I see no instruction on how to allow the Titanium version to accept Malwarebytes I am thinking about making a purchase, and need to know . But most of all I need to be able to use the forum correctly and I recently had eye surgery

Ok , so I am doomed again. Should I remove all my information off facebook before I do disconnect. I just downloaded Malwarebytes and followed these instructions and now I am thinking I should remove as much as possible.

Okay , I have purchased the Pro Version , and will go and change the Facebook password, they notified me that they thought I was compromised and locked it so I can not remove photos . I had one under my maiden name and had no problem canceling it or removing photos . Not sure if they did as I asked and canceled that account

Ok I am a paying customer but it will not take the email address the purchase was made in because I was a former owner of malwarebytes on the email address but have not used that in years and it was a much older version. I don't know how to fix this . Also I would like to know how long it takes to get the CD for Malwarebyet in the mail ?

I do not have this XP set up to send e-mail via outlook , I only have web mail. This computer ( My XP Pro) had not been used for over a year now and I had a new mother board put in yesterday and today I ran Malwarebytes and it has the same hack as the laptop. The laptop is the one I made the purchase on

Well I am baffelled , so I will use this , whonew , for my XP Pro and whonew2 for the laptop after I get it back but I am not being allowed to get rid of facebook , yahoo email , hotmail and those passwords were changed but if this ( The XP Pro ) had been infected over a year ago then I have double the problems. I didn't think this was infected, it had not been being used. I have just had a new mother board and turned it on, ran Malwarebyes and found this desktop is also is hacked by the same as the laptop. So now I have to take this in and have it cleaned also and I am going broke lol due to hackers .

Let's get something straight. We are working on this machine for which you create this thread.

Download Peazip to the desktop

Run and install the programme

As it installs this page will show, deselect the AVG ticks

Press decline and it will then install cleanly

peazip.jpg

Download the following files to the desktop .. Right click the links and select save as...then select desktop

IsoToUsb

OTLPE_standard

Right click OTLPE on your desktop and select Peazip ..Open as archive

Unzup%20archive.png

Select OTLPE standard

select%20archive.PNG

Click Extract, ensure that desktop is selected

extract%20archive.PNG

Insert the USB stick Then run ISO to USB

isotousb.JPG

Select the ISO file on the desktop, tick bootable . press burn

The laptop was taken in , Erased and reformatted . So not to worry about that one , My personal account was removed , it is my husbands laptop and I will not even attempt to use what you posted on my XP Pro Thank you