Cannot delete PUM.UserWLoad and Trojan.Ransom

I'm running Windows Vista. Malwarebytes free version detected PUM.UserWLoad and Trojan.Ransom, however cannot delete them. I've attached the log.

I've seen numerous posts with the same problem, all seem to have been sorted with your help. Please assist me!!!

I'm not very experienced with solving computer problems, so your assistance and patience is appreciated.

Many thanks in advance! :)

MBAM-log-2013-01-24 (14-21-06).txt

Welcome to the forum, please start at the link below:

http://forums.malwar...?showtopic=9573

Post back the 2 logs here.....DDS.txt and Attach.txt

<====><====><====><====><====><====><====><====>

Next.......

Please remove any usb or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!

Quit all running programs.

Please download and run RogueKiller to your desktop.

For Windows XP, double-click to start.

For Vista or Windows 7, do a right-click on the program, select Run as Administrator to start, & when prompted Allow to run.

Click Scan to scan the system.

When the scan completes > Close out the program > Don't Fix anything!

Don't run any other options, they're not all bad!!!!!!!

Post back the report which should be located on your desktop.

MrC

Please don't run any other scans, download, install or uninstall any programs while I'm working with you.

Please stick with me until I give you the "all clear".

------->Your topic will be closed if you haven't replied within 3 days!<--------

(If I don't respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM)

Please read the following information first.

You're infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan.

BACKDOOR WARNING

------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

I will try my best to clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

-----------------------------------------

Run RogueKiller again and click Scan

When the scan completes > click on the Registry tab

Put a check next to all of these and uncheck the rest: (if found)

[sHELL][sUSP PATH] HKCU\[...]\Windows : Load (C:\Users\Sarah\LOCALS~1\Temp\msvoox.cmd) -> FOUND

[sHELL][sUSP PATH] HKUS\S-1-5-21-1070396904-2312993900-1657518462-1000[...]\Windows : Load (C:\Users\Sarah\LOCALS~1\Temp\msvoox.cmd) -> FOUND

Now click Delete on the right hand column under Options

-------------

Next click on the Files tab and put a check next to these and uncheck the rest. (if found)

[ZeroAccess][FILE] @ : C:\$recycle.bin\S-1-5-21-1070396904-2312993900-1657518462-1000\$8745901c300ab1409e31d3ee80e8ae21\@ --> FOUND

[ZeroAccess][FOLDER] U : C:\$recycle.bin\S-1-5-21-1070396904-2312993900-1657518462-1000\$8745901c300ab1409e31d3ee80e8ae21\U --> FOUND

[ZeroAccess][FOLDER] L : C:\$recycle.bin\S-1-5-21-1070396904-2312993900-1657518462-1000\$8745901c300ab1409e31d3ee80e8ae21\L --> FOUND

Now click Delete on the right hand column under Options

----------------------------------------

Next...........

Please create a new system restore point before running Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit if you can.

MBAR tutorial

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE

• Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
  • Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
  • Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt

To attach a log if needed:

Bottom right corner of this page.

more-reply-options.jpg

New window that comes up.

choose-files1.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note:

If no additional threats were found, verify that your system is now running normally, making sure that the following items are functional:

Internet access

Windows Update

Windows Firewall

If there are additional problems with your system, such as any of those listed above or other system issues, then run the fixdamage tool included with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and reboot.

Verify that your system is now functioning normally.

MrC

Well Done, lets run ComboFix to clear up any leftovers.

Please download and run ComboFix.

The most important things to remember when running it is to disable all your malware programs and run Combofix from your desktop.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Information on disabling your malware programs can be found Here.

Make sure you run ComboFix from your desktop.

Give it at least 30-45 minutes to finish if needed.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

---------->NOTE<----------

If you get the message Illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion after you run ComboFix....please reboot the computer, this should resolve the problem. You may have to do this several times if needed.

MrC

Looks Good...How is it???

---------------------

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it on your Desktop.

AdwCleaner is a reliable removal tool for Adware, Foistware, toolbars and potentially unwanted programs.

AdwCleaner is a tool that deletes :

· Adwares (software ads)

· PUP/LPI (Potentially Undesirable Program)

· Toolbars

· Hijacker (Hijack of the browser's homepage)

It works with a Search and Deletion methode. It can be easily uninstalled using the "Uninstall" mode.

1. Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator (for XP just double click) to launch the application.
  2. Now click on the Search tab.
  3. Please post the contents of the log-file created in your next post.

Note: The log can also be located at C:\ >> AdwCleaner[XX].txt >> XX <-- Denotes the number of times the application has been ran, so in this should be something like R1.

Please look over what was found, we're going to delete it all in the next step....if there's something you may want to keep...please let me know and I'll explain to why it shouldn't be on your system.

MrC

OK, that's good, it's all adware that was found.............

Lots of adware found....lets clear it out.....

1. Please re-run AdwCleaner
  2. Click on Delete button.
  3. Confirm each time with OK if asked.
  4. Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart. Please post the content of that logfile in your reply.

Note: You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[sn].txt as well - n is the order number.

Then...........

Lets check your computers security before you go and we have a little cleanup to do also:

Download Security Check by screen317 from HERE or HERE.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt.
  • Please Post the contents of that document.
  • Do Not Attach It!!!

MrC

Here are the contents of the AdwCleaner report:

# AdwCleaner v2.108 - Logfile created 01/25/2013 at 15:13:56

# Updated 24/01/2013 by Xplode

# Operating system : Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack 2 (32 bits)

# User : Sarah - HOME-LAPTOP

# Boot Mode : Normal

# Running from : C:\Users\Sarah\Desktop\adwcleaner.exe

# Option [Delete]

***** [services] *****

***** [Files / Folders] *****

Deleted on reboot : C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVG Secure Search

Deleted on reboot : C:\ProgramData\AVG Secure Search

Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\AVG Secure Search

Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\LocalLow\AVG Secure Search

Folder Deleted : C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\LocalLow\AVG Security Toolbar

***** [Registry] *****

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AppDataLow\Software\AVG Security Toolbar

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AVG Secure Search

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\AVG Security Toolbar

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFDBDDAA-5D3F-42EE-B79C-185A7020515B}

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\{CD95D125-2992-4858-B3EF-5F6FB52FBAD6}

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\AVG Secure Search

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Settings\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{F25AF245-4A81-40DC-92F9-E9021F207706}

Key Deleted : HKCU\Software\Softonic

Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\AVG Secure Search

Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\AVG Security Toolbar

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{1FDFF5A2-7BB1-48E1-8081-7236812B12B2}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\{BB711CB0-C70B-482E-9852-EC05EBD71DBB}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ScriptHelper.EXE

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\ViProtocol.DLL

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG Secure Search.BrowserWndAPI

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG Secure Search.BrowserWndAPI.1

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG Secure Search.PugiObj

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVG Secure Search.PugiObj.1

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{4E92DB5F-AAD9-49D3-8EAB-B40CBE5B1FF7}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B658800C-F66E-4EF3-AB85-6C0C227862A9}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{CC5AD34C-6F10-4CB3-B74A-C2DD4D5060A3}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{F25AF245-4A81-40DC-92F9-E9021F207706}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{03E2A1F3-4402-4121-8B35-733216D61217}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{4E92DB5F-AAD9-49D3-8EAB-B40CBE5B1FF7}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{9E3B11F6-4179-4603-A71B-A55F4BCB0BEC}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Interface\{C401D2CE-DC27-45C7-BC0C-8E6EA7F085D6}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Handler\viprotocol

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScriptHelper.ScriptHelperApi

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ScriptHelper.ScriptHelperApi.1

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Toolbar.CT2377453

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{74FB6AFD-DD77-4CEB-83BD-AB2B63E63C93}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{9C049BA6-EA47-4AC3-AED6-A66D8DC9E1D8}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\{C2AC8A0E-E48E-484B-A71C-C7A937FAAB94}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ViProtocol.ViProtocolOLE

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ViProtocol.ViProtocolOLE.1

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{E7DF6BFF-55A5-4EB7-A673-4ED3E9456D39}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Low Rights\ElevationPolicy\{F25AF245-4A81-40DC-92F9-E9021F207706}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{AFDBDDAA-5D3F-42EE-B79C-185A7020515B}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{C6FDD0C3-266A-4DC3-B459-28C697C44CDC}

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{F25AF245-4A81-40DC-92F9-E9021F207706}

Key Deleted : HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\063A857434EDED11A893800002C0A966

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVG Secure Search

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins\@avg.com/AVG SiteSafety plugin,version=11.0.0.1,application/x-avg-sitesafety-plugin

Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar [{95B7759C-8C7F-4BF1-B163-73684A933233}]

Value Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Mozilla\Firefox\Extensions [Avg@toolbar]

***** [internet Browsers] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v9.0.8112.16457

[OK] Registry is clean.

-\\ Google Chrome v [unable to get version]

File : C:\Users\Sarah\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences

[OK] File is clean.

AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [11364 octets] - [25/01/2013 14:35:41]

AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [5720 octets] - [25/01/2013 15:13:44]

AdwCleaner[s1].txt - [5402 octets] - [25/01/2013 15:13:56]

AdwCleaner[s2].txt - [363 octets] - [25/01/2013 15:11:51]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner[s1].txt - [5521 octets] ##########

And here is the security check report:

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.57

Windows Vista Service Pack 2 x86 (UAC is enabled)

Internet Explorer 9

``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````

Windows Firewall Enabled!

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013

Antivirus out of date! (On Access scanning disabled!)

`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.70.0.1100

Java 6 Update 38

Java version out of Date!

Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date!

````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice.exe

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui.exe

AVG avgwdsvc.exe

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler.exe

`````````````````System Health check`````````````````

Total Fragmentation on Drive C: %

````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

**Please note that the time/date clock on my computer isn't quite working (I think the battery that keeps the time while the computer is off is dead).. Not sure if that's why a few things have come up as "Out of Date"

Cheers!

The time if off a little: 01/25/2013 at 15:13:56

I would get that checked, that battery also holds the settings for your motherboard!!

Java™ 6 Update 38 <----please uninstall from add/remove programs

Java version out of Date! <-------Download and install the latest version from Here

Uncheck the box to install the Ask toolbar!!!

Adobe Reader 9 Adobe Reader out of Date! <----please check for an update

You have out dated programs on the system which are vulnerable to malware.

Please update or uninstall them

Info on doing that can be found in my Preventive Maintenance

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little clean up to do....

Please Uninstall ComboFix: (if you used it)

Press the Windows logo key + R to bring up the "run box"

Copy and paste next command in the field:

ComboFix /uninstall

Make sure there's a space between Combofix and /

cf2.jpg

Then hit enter.

This will uninstall Combofix, delete its related folders and files, hide file extensions, hide the system/hidden files and clears System Restore cache and create new Restore point

(If that doesn't work.....you can simply rename ComboFix.exe to Uninstall.exe and double click it to complete the uninstall)

---------------------------------

Please download OTL from one of the links below: (you may already have OTL on the system)

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe

http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.com

http://www.itxassoci...T-Tools/OTL.exe

Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL and hit the CleanUp button. (This will cleanup the tools and logs used including itself)

Any other programs or logs you can manually delete.

IE: RogueKiller.exe, RKreport.txt, RK_Quarantine folder, C:\FRST, MBAR, etc....AdwCleaner > just run the program and click uninstall.

-------------------------------

Any questions...please post back.

If you think I've helped you, please leave a comment > click on my avatar picture > click Profile Feed.

Take a look at My Preventive Maintenance to avoid being infected again.

Good Luck and Thanks for using the forum, MrC

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!