JohnBurns

SuMo.exe possible false positive?

Anyone getting a block on sumo.exe? I have used this app for years w/o problem - now suddenly I get a block on it. Possibly a false positive? My log is attached.

Malwarebytes Sumo.txt

Hi,

2013/01/16 07:06:41 -0600 JOHN-PC John IP-BLOCK 213.186.33.2 (Type: outgoing, Port: 1235, Process: sumo.exe)

This is no file detection here, this is an IP Block detection - an IP sumo connects to, which is blocked. I'll ask the person responsible for IP Blocks to look into this. :)

I'm looking into this, thank you.

It's not the site itself that is the issue, it's the IP. This is one of 4-5 IPs blocked on the /24, due to over 600 cases. Yet another email was sent to OVH (previously, there were only 2 IPs at issue) yesterday, but there's been no reply so far.

This is a FALSE POSITIVE issue. SUMo is simply contacting its server in order to check updates as requested by end users.

Please fix since i have to disable MBAM to be able to use SUMo (launched at least once a day on all my PCs.....)

They even made effort to properly detect MBAM updates.... what a shame if you block them !

:)

This has nothing to do with SuMo, but with the 47 issues still outstanding on this IP alone.

Once OVH finally responds and deals with the incidents on the IP, the block will be removed.

This has nothing to do with SuMo, but with the 47 issues still outstanding on this IP alone.

Once OVH finally responds and deals with the incidents on the IP, the block will be removed.

Great ! Thank you !!!!

It's not an F/P, and no - OVH have still not replied.

You can also click on the ballon alert and add to ignore list if necessary for the time being.

That works in Windows 7 for me - but it won't let me right click on the balloon using Windows 8 - is there another workaround so I can put the site in the Ignore list?

When I uninstall MBAM, kcsoftwares.com is still blocked on my PC.... what the hell did MBAM left on my PC that did that ?

When I uninstall MBAM, kcsoftwares.com is still blocked on my PC.... what the hell did MBAM left on my PC that did that ?

Same here - uninstalled MBAM and Sumo is still blocked - irritating me a little - lol!

This is like our Government - no one will take responsibility for a problem. Both MBAM and KC Softwares are going to lose customers if it continues. Hey guys - work together - not separately in different directions. Thanks!

As I've mentioned, I'm more than willing to accept assistance in reaching OVH to get the issues resolved.

As far as the block still being present even after uninstalling MBAM, please check the uninstallation occured properly and the system has been restarted. You can contact the helpdesk if the issue persists.

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to know, Bilel from OVH responded whilst I was out this afternoon, just got back and finished going through the cases causing the block. OVH have now suspended the vast majority of sites affected with only a handful still remaining live.

As there's now only a handful still live, the block will be removed on the next update.

THANKS! It seems to be ok now. Appreciate your help and patience with my posts.