Malwarebytes 1.70

Hi, I was recently testing the new features in Malwarebytes Pro 1.70 on a virtual computer where the Novell client is present. I found out that the feature that prevents the execution of files when the module is booting is freezing my computer. The reason is that in my login script there's a small exe that is launch at the end of the script. And Malwarebytes is blocking it. Because of that the desktop never appear and the system is completely frozen. To bypass this I had to disable the feature that is blocking the execution of files during the booting process. I just want to let you know of the problem in case you have customer running in a Microsoft domain or a Novell network who exhibits the same symptoms.

Guillaume

Hello, GBoucher: :)

Thanks for that information.

Since you're running Novell client, is this a business/corporate/work computer?

If so, your corporate license entitles you to free support directly from the corporate support team. :)

Please contact corporate support HERE and they will assist you with this.

Please make sure you have malwarebytes.org and salesforce.com in your Safe Sender list in your email program.

In order to assist you better please provide the following information when contacting them:

Cleverbridge Order Reference Number:

Organization name:

Approved Contact name:

If you no longer have access to the order number, you can contact Cleverbridge to obtain information about your order:

Cleverbridge customer service

cs@cleverbridge.com

Phone: +1-866-522-6855

Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM (CST)

Thank you very much,

daledoc1

Hi daledoc1, like I said before I was doing some tests with the new version 1.70 on a virtual machine which is running on a personal computer. I'm only on a demo version of Malwarebytes Pro. And I have the Novell client on this virtual machine because sometimes I do some works at home. So it's just a pure accident that I stumble on this "problem" if it's one. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know.

Have a good day!

• Root Admin

Please post your file protection log file so that we can see what's going on. Also if you can zip up the file in question and post it as well.

From the pinned topic: FAQ - Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions under Section C

Log File Locations

Scan Logs

• Windows 2000 & Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
  • Windows Vista & Win7:
    C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

File Protection and IP Protection Logs

• Windows 2000 & Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs
  • Windows Vista & Win7:
    C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Thanks