mouse freezes every few seconds for a split second

Jancu6

Hi everyone.

I'm having a strange problem here with my mouse. It's wireless Logitech M305. What I noticed since a couple of days, is that from time to time, mouse cursor stops for a split second, as I move it around the screen. For example, I move it to the right, is stops in one point, and as I continue to push it right, it eventually starts working again. What is the most strange thing in this problem, is that when that happens, it's only in one point in the screen. To explain it better, i will give an example: let's say there is a red dot in the centre of my desktop. I am moving the cursor left and right through that dot, and eventually the problem occurs - the mouse freezes on the red dot, I push it further, it works again, but when I go back with the cursor to the dot, it freezes again exactly in the same spot. Let's say, I will repeat it 3 or 4 times, and then suddenly mouse is working good in this spot, but after few minutes it happens again but in a different place on the screen. In the beggining I thought my batteries are empty, so I changed them to new. But it didnt help. I am not using any programs that change cursors, or skins, or anything else. No effects on cursor. Anyone any idea what could it be? Maybe hardware issue? But why it happens only in one spot on the screen?

It isn't a mouse problem. That's a symptom and not the actual problem. It occurs when some other process is running in the background that is using up so many resources that the OS hasn't the ability to keep up with all OS events such as the mouse movements. Thus the mouse freezes and becomes jerky. You have to find what is chewing up resources.

actually, there is nothing I can find in the task manager, what could be chewing up my resources. My processor is on 1%, and physical memory 14%. Nothing special happens there. I've got i5 2500k at 3,3Ghz and 16GB RAM. Always trying to keep startup as clean as possible to not run to many applications at once. There is one svchost that is taking betwen 287k - 320k of memory, changing randomly. None of these processes are detected as malware also.

• Root Admin

Please run the following scanner and attach back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.