About O&O (Malwarebytes November Newsletter)

Hi, friends.

I have two questions refered to above newsletter:

- What is the meaning of "Valid for new customers only"? I suppose all of us are old customers, as we already have purchased MBAM, therefore this offer (O&O +MBAM) attends to whom..?

- By the way, I use "Privacy Eraser Pro" and I would like to ask your opinion about this software. I mean, to bring into contrast O&O and Privacy Eraser Pro - if there is a friend who has already did it. I woud be grateful.

Thank you.

Hi Tasos -

If you wish to purchase a new license of MBAM for another computer (or a gift), you can use the offer that has been made as it is only a newly purchased combo offer.

NEXT -

Main Features of Privacy Eraser Pro

• Erase Internet Explorer Cache Files
  • Erase Internet Explorer Browser History
  • Erase Internet Explorer Cookies
  • Erase Internet Explorer Address Bar History
  • Erase Internet Explorer Index.dat Files
  • Erase Internet Explorer AutoComplete Memory
  • Erase Windows Recent Documents History
  • Erase Windows Start Menu Run/Find History
  • Erase Windows Recycle Bin
  • Erase Windows Temporary Files Directory
  • Erase Windows Media Player Recent File List
  • Erase Internet history from Google/Yahoo
  • Support Firefox, Chrome, AOL, Safari and Opera
  • Select which cookies you want to keep
  • File Shredder - Securely shred files & folders
  • Cleaning Free Disk Space - FAT/FAT32/NTFS
  • Scheduled Tasks & Plug-Ins Support
  • Free space on your Hard Drive!
  • Speed up your computer!

All these can be done with installed Windows, System Tools programs (and no Defragger is included)

Most other items are available in I.E. > Tools + Internet Options programs, or from F/fox addons.

I never use Chrome, so I cannot comment on that programs features -

Thank You -

EDIT -

From the O&O site HERE

Using internationally recognized methods, O&O SafeErase deletes sensitive data so securely that a reconstruction, even with special software, is no longer possible. In the new version 6, an analysis function has been integrated which searches for data that was deleted non-securely. With just a few clicks, the computer can be cleaned to such an extent that unauthorized persons have no chance to dig out old files and misuse them.

Hi Tasos -

If you wish to purchase a new license of MBAM for another computer (or a gift), you can use the offer that has been made as it is only a newly purchased combo offer.

NEXT -

Main Features of Privacy Eraser Pro

• Erase Internet Explorer Cache Files
  • Erase Internet Explorer Browser History
  • Erase Internet Explorer Cookies
  • Erase Internet Explorer Address Bar History
  • Erase Internet Explorer Index.dat Files
  • Erase Internet Explorer AutoComplete Memory
  • Erase Windows Recent Documents History
  • Erase Windows Start Menu Run/Find History
  • Erase Windows Recycle Bin
  • Erase Windows Temporary Files Directory
  • Erase Windows Media Player Recent File List
  • Erase Internet history from Google/Yahoo
  • Support Firefox, Chrome, AOL, Safari and Opera
  • Select which cookies you want to keep
  • File Shredder - Securely shred files & folders
  • Cleaning Free Disk Space - FAT/FAT32/NTFS
  • Scheduled Tasks & Plug-Ins Support
  • Free space on your Hard Drive!
  • Speed up your computer!

All these can be done with installed Windows, System Tools programs (and no Defragger is included)

Most other items are available in I.E. > Tools + Internet Options programs, or from F/fox addons.

I never use Chrome, so I cannot comment on that programs features -

Thank You -

EDIT -

From the O&O site HERE

Thank you very much.

I conclude that you prefer O&O instead of Privacy Eraser. I appreciate your opinion. However I am not sure that all "actions" of Privacy Eraser can be fulfiled by Windows (for example Erase Index.dat Files, File Shredding, Cleaning Free Disk Space, ...) So my query remains: Is there a good reason to buy O&O and uninstall the Privacy Eraser? Anyhow, in the O&O site you quote, I didn't find any difference between these two addons.

If you could please to give my more help.

For Google Chrome: In the upper right hand corner, click rctiV.jpg
  • Settings
  • Show Advanced Settings
  • Clear Browsing Data

Thank you, Wide Glide.

I don't use Chrome yet. I am a FireFox "fan" (but I don't know why...)

....Privacy Eraser can be fulfiled by Windows (for example Erase Index.dat Files, File Shredding, Cleaning Free Disk Space
Hi -

I have no current preference to either program at this time, just that you asked for observations each way

File deletion is in Malwarebytes File Assassin to delete locked files, or Spybot has File Shredder

This is an easy manual method to remove the "index.dat" files.

Boot the PC in DOS and delete the "index.dat" files with the dos-commando "del".

With his program you can find all the hidden "index.dat" files and the subdirectories where they are hidden in.

To reach in DOS "Temporary internet Files" C:\WINDOWS>cd tempor ~1 > enter

C:\WINDOWS\TEMPOR ~1 >del index.dat

"Cookies" C:\WINDOWS>cd cookies > enter

C:\WINDOWS\COOKIES>del index.dat

"History" C:\WINDOWS>cd history > enter

C:\WINDOWS\HISTORY>del index.dat

"History\MSHist" C:\WINDOWS>cd history > enter

C:\WINDOWS\HISTORY>mshist~1 > enter

C:\WINDOWS\HISTORY\MSHIST~1>del index.dat

OR -

http://www.codeode.c...ntra/index.html << Privacy Mantra is FREE and can delete the index.dat files or optionally "clean" it

NOTE:

All of these programs are the type that should only be used by people who know what they are doing first

Beyond that I do not believe most people need to play in the Registry, as permanent damage can be done :ph34r:

Free Space is already generally "clean" unless you believe in scam Registry Cleaner Programs or it is not Free Space

Regards -

Hi, noknojon.

I do thank you very much, you are more than clear. Though, to be sure, I am not accustomed to such techniques, I 've never booted my PC in DOS and I don't believe I am up to play in the Registry. This is the reason I always ask for help in this forum.

I think it's easier for me to keep Privacy Eraser Pro and trust in its reliability.

Thanks again,

Tasos

• Root Admin

Any tool that is doing extensive history, file, registry tracking removal can potentially be dangerous or possibly cause unexpected issues with running some software programs.

Regardless of which tool one uses - you should always have a backup of all your important data in case of any unexpected severe issue.

Here are some links to other similar software (untested and not endorsed by me or Malwarebytes, use at your own risk)

Privazer - CCleaner alternative ?

UltraSentry 13

BleachBit

East-Tec Eraser 2012