fun little chat...

Electrobrandino

Below is just a fun little chat I had with an HP rep over a customers Laptop....

Thought I would SHARE!! lol I love how I ended the conversation :rolleyes: I was so fed up with him. UGH!!

Brandon Beard : Computer begins to power on then immediately shuts off and repeats cycle infinitely. I need to know if the DV9000 Series extended warranty applies to this laptop

[An agent will be with you shortly.]

[You are now chatting with Vijak .]

Vijak : Hello Brandon

Vijak : Welcome to HP Total Care for HP notebooks.

Vijak : Let me assist you in this regard.

Vijak : Please confirm when you turn on the Notebook do you able to see the HP logo?

Brandon Beard : no

Brandon Beard : it does not post

Vijak : Okay

Vijak : I understand that when you turn on the Notebook .All the LED's are working fine but there is no display on the screen

Vijak : Am I right?

Brandon Beard : all LED's come on, then they go off after 1-2 seconds. then 2 seconds later they come back on and repeat

Vijak : Since when are you experiencing this issue?

Brandon Beard : it has been getting progressively worse. Before we were able to log into the pc after powering down, removing battery, etc. now it will not come up no matter what

Vijak : Let us isolate the issue, whether the issue with the Notebook hardware or software .To isolate this, I request you to perform the Power drain

Vijak : With an extensive use of the notebook, some times notebook would store some static charges which indeed will stop the notebook from powering up or charging the battery. The procedure to remove this static charges from the notebook is known as power drain. Performing a power drain procedure will not effect any personal data or delete any pictures from the hard drive on your notebook.

Brandon Beard : i have done this i shall try again tho if u must

Vijak : I request you to use Power Drain procedure by following these steps:

1. Disconnect the AC Adapter.

2. Remove the Battery.

3. Hold the Power button down for 30 seconds to 1 minute.

Vijak : 4. Reconnect the AC adapter and Battery.

5. Turn on the Notebook power.

Vijak : PLease perform the above steps and let me know the result

Brandon Beard : ok

Brandon Beard : it still will not post

Vijak : I regret to hear that

Vijak : I suspect that it is hardware issue, there might be hardwar malfunction, Notebook should be diagnosis in our repair center so send the Notebook to HP for mail in repair .I would be glad to arrange the free mail in repair to your Notebook if your nOtebook is under warranty

Vijak : Could you please provide me the Serial Number (eg: CNS34915MC) and Product Number (eg:DS542U) of your Notebook? You may find that on a sticker attached to the Bottom or top of the Notebook.

Brandon Beard : the serial is XXXXXXXXXX The laptop is NOT under the original warranty. The DV9000 Series had an extended warranty for this same issue I am having. Thats why I asked you if this model DV9627CL was covered under that extended warranty

Vijak : Please let me check your Notebook warranty status

Vijak : May I have 3-4 minutes of your time while I check for your Notebook warranty status?

Brandon Beard : ok, but i allready checked it i said :)

Vijak : Please let me check

Vijak : Please provide me the product number(p/n)of the Notebook.

Vijak : The Product Number is a 6 to 7 digit alpha numeric number which will be there at the bottom of the Notebook on the Service Tag.

Brandon Beard : GS723UA

Vijak : Thank you for the information

Vijak : Here is the weblink for NVIDIA nForce Chipset Driver and Network Controller:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33001-33500/sp33411.exe

Vijak : Sorry for the above typo

Vijak : Thank you for your time and patience

Brandon Beard : what?

Vijak : As per our records your Notebook warranty has expired on 12/28/2008.So It's not possible to arrange the free mail in repair to your Notebook

Brandon Beard : how is that going to help me?

Brandon Beard : that link has nothing to do with me

Vijak : Please ignore the weblink which I have provided above .It's mistakelly typed to you

Brandon Beard : ok sorry

Vijak : I apologise for the inconveniece caused to you.

Brandon Beard : it is fine.

Vijak : As per our records your Notebook warranty has expired on 12/28/2008.So It's not possible to arrange the free mail in repair to your Notebook

Brandon Beard : but my original question is still not answered. Does that EXTENDED warranty apply? it supposedly extended it 2 years...

Vijak : And I regret to inform that your Notebook is not eligible HP limited warranty enhancement .

Vijak : Please refer this weblink

Vijak : Here is the weblink for HP Pavilion dv2000/dv6000/dv9000 and Compaq Presario v3000/v6000 Series Notebook PCs - HP Limited Warranty Service Enhancement

Vijak : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...lc=en&cc=us

Brandon Beard : why is it not covered if it was manufactured improperly like all the others?

Vijak : Please open the weblink and check only those Notebook has the eligible for Hp limited warranty enhancement for the symptoms which has mentioned in the weblink

Brandon Beard : omg gtfo