ChicaPC-Fix; looks like MABAM ?!

MAM

One thing I still don't understand and have yet to get an answer. As a frequent member here I've learned one thing about companies that offer registry cleaners. They are nothing more then snake oil and a scam. Registry cleaners offer no performance boost or any noticeable enhancements and do nothing more then destroy the registry as there is no way of telling what is safe to remove. The staff and other experts here are often telling members to avoid them and actively promote that registry cleaners are bad. However, malwarebytes' goes and partners with a company that offers this type of product.

Marcian's quote

The other product is not Malwarebytes related.

Yes it is not Malwarebytes' related, but we also promote these products to be avoided like the plague. Kind of a double standard really. We all our taught to avoid one thing, but then the company goes and partners with a company offering such a product. Supporting a company that offers such a thing is quite the opposite of what we are trying to do. You can't really tell people to avoid registry cleaners and then go partner with "some company" that offers such a product. It doesn't make any sense. As a member here I want to see that people's computers are running well and they are aware of these shady products. This partnership makes it seem like you are supporting their programs including the registry cleaner which is what we want them to avoid. These things are counter productive to what we do. They often install junk and damage their PC. This is certainly not what I want to happen to computer users.

Edit: Seems I caused some confusion. I'm reffering to the ChicaPC-Fix Free Version which is the registry cleaner not the ChicaPC-Shield which is the MBAM rebranded.

Quote D.S.K. =

Yes it is not Malwarebytes' related, but we also promote these products to be avoided like the plague. Kind of a double standard really.

It is the MBAM Database Renamed as ......... See below for current update ..............

Nice to see what programs Marcin promotes .................

ChicaPC-Fix™

Get your PC running like “new” with a safe and easy-to-use system cleaner and performance optimizer.

Extend the life of your PC, saving you time and money in the long run!

The free version of ChicaPC-fix™ scans for “problem areas” on your PC.

Get a free PC health scan and first 25 errors fixed for free.

ChicaPC-Fix™ speeds up a slow computer for improved performance and …
Extends the life of your PC - How ?? - Do you get a Free Hard Drive and extra RAM ??

Helps avoid a computer crash - How ?? Extra Bumper Bars around the computer ??

Fix and cleans computer errors - How will it know it is an error, and not just a Normal program I use ?? - NEVER -

Fast, safe and extremely easy-to-use software - How safe is a can of Snake Oil ??

All Crap, but fully tied into MBAM program (including the Datbase)

In other words another UNIBLUE Registry Cleaner and nothing more !!! Except they have MBAM as part of the suite

Free advice to TonyKlein and Marcin - Always be careful of promoting or linking yourself to these programs.

Marcin - "It is an anti-malware only designed for ChicaLogic".
And who backs the Registry Cleaner program, you or ReviverSoft. or UniBlue or ...... ??

www.chicalogic.com - Database version: v2012.11.26.03

www.malwarebytes.org - Database version: v2012.11.26.03

Extra - I have "over 400 problems" that need attention acording to the scam section -

post-4124-0-25685400-1353925257.jpg post-4124-0-03509500-1353925203.gif

I'm referring to the ChicaPC-Fix which is the registry scanner not the ChicaPC-Shield which is the rebranded MBAM.

Bur

Free advice to TonyKlein and Marcin - Always be careful of promoting or linking yourself to these programs.

And who backs the Registry Cleaner program, you or ReviverSoft. or UniBlue or ...... ??

post-4124-0-25685400-1353925257.jpg post-4124-0-03509500-1353925203.gif

This is my exact problem. It does not matter that you are only endorsing their MBAM like product it's matter that you are partnering with a shady company.

Hey all,

Just saw this thread and wanted to jump in. They had approached us at Mbam (before my time) about working together on a product to help their users. We felt it was a great idea to hit a new market which is why they have a rebranded or white label version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Nothing more to it. Malwarebytes for more markets was the thinking.

Hope this helps!

Hey all,

Just saw this thread and wanted to jump in. They had approached us at Mbam (before my time) about working together on a product to help their users. We felt it was a great idea to hit a new market which is why they have a rebranded or white label version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Nothing more to it. Malwarebytes for more markets was the thinking.

Hope this helps!

I agree that is a great decision, but the problem at hand is the company you partnered with.

Our job is to protect and help keep computer users up and running with healthy pc's not the other way around. ChicaLogic is damaging them with their registry product. On a clean Windows 7 system it found 81 errors so I know this is a scam as it's brand new setup vm (I did nothing more then install and immediately download the program). If Uniblue came out with a similar idea to ChicaLogic would you partner with them? Doubt it so why would you do that with ChicaLogic?

I'm very disappointed in Malwarebytes'. It's difficult to find any sort of company these days that fully support the values they teach especially on this sort of thing. You cannot support a company that offers such a product. You can clearly see at least one product they offer is a scam.

Edit: This is just my personal opinion and I'll not give it out on future topics on this subject. I certainly can't make your choices. :)

post-21530-0-63345000-1354068777.png

We felt it was a great idea to hit a new market which is why they have a rebranded or white label version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Hi Rebecca -

This is not the point of the discussion currently. If UniBlue or ReviverSoft or any of the many similar Registry Cleaner sites had put the idea forward first, would the same decision be made, or did they add the Registry Cleaner later, without discussion ??

We are pointing out that the suite offered is not just Rebranded MBAM, but includes a rebranded ? Uniblue style program.

Malwarebytes seems to have no control over the content of ChicaPC-Fix site by just giving them a blank sheet on use of MBAM program, and should have made a point of knowing about this add-on or Chica should have told MBAM first.

(I know) - Stupid extra line to add to the finish of the discussion, but it must be asked as MBAM supports the other site -

Are we to see a "reversed program swap" to have a Registry Cleaner on this site, just to chase another market ?? :unsure:

Regards -

I see your point...to an extent.

Also I do not see anywhere that both products are bundled? The products are sold separately and independent of one another.

This (below) is the exact offering that is stated by the Chica site, and is not my made up opinion, with my bolding added to highlight some of their errors, in just the MBAM version !!
Our Promise:

We are 100% confident that ChicaPC-Shield™ will clean and protect you from malware, that we are willing to offer you a full refund if you are not completely satisfied within 30 days of purchase!

If malware (PC infection) is found using the free one time download, your current anti-virus is not effective.

We all know that MBAM is the greatest program around, and has been for many years, but this from Chica says only your current Antivirus is to blame / not effective if infected ??

The refund part is offered by many companies (even here) but Never the 100% guarantee without any Antivirus, and other precautions used as support for prevention of most infections.

Marcin has said he can run with only MBAM (from interview), but all the rest of us use other protection always.

Ask any established member if this is true, and even our Marketing area should know this is False Advertising !!

MBAM is not an Antivirus program, and has never claimed to be one. Our Malware Removal area would not exist if all these types of claims were even remotely true !!

This is the type of advertising that is used by all the scam programs, and never by a reputable company like MBAM.

We can claim to be the best at what we do, but this is like asking me to be a Dentist - I'm a builder -

I do some minor malware removal at other forums (where I am allowed) and MBAM is a main part of the removal process, that includes several other programs, as you should know.

Thank You -