New icon suggestion

Bandit12345

This is just an idea I thought up one day for my parents who are novice computer users.

I think it is pretty universal that green means good and red means bad when it comes to things

like warning labels or in this case, computer icons.

I modded the program's icons (16x16.ico files) to help my parents out to identify when there

is an issue on thier pc.

Since they are already running Microsoft Security Essentials, the green icon puts them at ease.

Maybe MBAM may adapt to this idea.

post-73622-0-67838400-1353564775.png

• 1 month later...

Nice to see that MBAM finally changed their taskbar icon to a more modern design.

I did however again mod the new mbamgui.exe, since my parents got used to the green and red ones I made previously.

I also created an autopatcher so when a new version of the program comes out, the modded 16x16.ico files are automatically changed in mbamgui.exe

post-73622-0-63015000-1356781017.jpg

If anyone is interested in trying out these redesigned icons, drop me a line and I will e-mail the .rar to you.

It takes less than 1 minute.

----------------------------------------------------------------

*Remember to always back up your original files!!!

Does it work with Windows 7 64 bit?

• Staff

Interesting idea “DarthElvis”, unfortuinately never going to happen!

No company would allow the user to choose the main icon, even if the icon isn’t liked!

Quite true, but rest assured, we are listening to the feedback. The icon may change somewhat later on, it's something we'll really have to think about though as it's not a decision to be taken lightly (it took us ages to change from the old red icon for example, even though the new blue icon has been in use for our website and forums for quite some time).

• Staff

The icons within CCleaner.exe are not for the main application, they are icons used for individual components of the application (the very icons used within its own UI). I don't believe they have a mechanism to make any of those icons the primary icon for the application itself.

The icons within CCleaner.exe are not for the main application, they are icons used for individual components of the application (the very icons used within its own UI). I don't believe they have a mechanism to make any of those icons the primary icon for the application itself.

Hello "DarkSnakeKobra", I agree with "exile", your example of "CCleaner" does not change the core program icon, what you have shown is changing the program's shortcut -- this can be done with any Windows shortcut.

I have even created my own "CCleaner" program icon and animated Windows shutdown screen.

post-73622-0-54354700-1357608665.gif

post-73622-0-95413900-1357608673.jpg