False Positive? Submission of exe associated with Textpad 6.

ottchris

This morning the executable DDEOPN32.EXE was detected as Trojan.Downloader.wup. The executable is part of the Textpad 6 installation but at the time of writing I do not know its purpose (Textpad 6 appears to be working OK despite the item being quarantined). I do not know what triggered the detection as AFAIA Textpad was not running at the time nor was I working at the keyboard at the time.

Textpad was installed earlier in the year following a hard drive replacement and using a fresh installation downloaded from the Textpad site (http://www.textpad.com/). In order to include a copy of the executable with this post I temporarily restored it from Quarantine. Just to be sure I rescanned it and this time it also detected a corresponding registry key. Contrary to the log file included in the attached zip file both executable and registry key are currently quarantined.

Regards,

Chris

DDEOPN32.zip