Definition updates

• Root Admin

It sounds correct in general. You can also do it this way if you like.

From an elevated admin command line:

mbam.exe /unschedule /all
mbam.exe /schedule /update /silent /hourly /every 4 /starting 11/04/2012 16:25:00 /recover 1
mbam.exe /schedule /scan -quick -log -silent -remove -reboot /wakefromsleep /silent /daily /every 1 /starting 11/04/2012 17:15:00 /recover 23

That should try to get updates every 4 hours and do a Quick Scan once a day.

I notice that when I startup my computer, MBAM Pro 1.65.1.1000 doesn't update shortly after like my Av Avira Premium 2012 does, but usually updates about 1 hour later which is the setting I have chosen in scheduling. Shouldn't it update shortly after startup and then 1 hour later?

Hi, The Hammer: :)

Welcome.

Until an MBAM staffer comes along, a couple of things...

It sometimes happens that the first update after a system startup might not happen on schedule, if your system's networking is still gettting fully up and running at the time of the scheduled update after the system boot.

Also, scheduled updates (by design) occur "randomly" within a 30-minute window of the scheduled time (15 min before and 15 min after).

IOW, if your updates are scheduled to run hourly on the hour, an update at 5:00 (for example) could occur anytime between 4:45 and 5:15.

So, carrying on with that example, if you boot up your system at 5:10, and you have updates scheduled for hourly, on the hour, the first automatic update might not ocur until the 6:00 update happens, some time between 5:45 and 6:15. So, the first automatic, scheduled update will happen ~1 hour after you start up the system. (You can always do a manual update after you start the sytem, if you don't want to wait.)

Does that explain what you're seeing?

If not, let us know, and please post back here with a couple of your protection logs, so the experts can take a peek at what's happening on your system.

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

In Windows Vista/7, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

(They might ask for some additional scanner tool logs, as well, if needed.)

HTH,

daledoc1

PS Since you are the second user to post in the OP's topic, and since your "issue" is a bit different, the mod team might split off your post to a separate topic. :)