"Maniac" please resume help

Dear Maniac

Since I sent you a PM I have heard that there was a major technical glitch at MBAM and a week's worth of posts were lost. Unfortunately in my case all the back history was lost as well. You had nearly finished curing my problem so I hope you will be able to do the last steps.

I started with a PUM.UserWLoad infection which after some scans you cleverly removed with a special Custom Scans/Fixes in OTL. You were worried because it had been in a temporary file as an .exe. so you continued to check for any remaining problems and asked me to post a Security Check scan. You then told me to activate my UAC and remove and update my version of Java, both of which I have done. You then told me to download and run Complete Internet Repair, checkmarking all the boxes.

The heading on that checkbox page says that you should not "select an option unless your computer has the described problem". I do not know if my computer has all the problems listed and the ways they are solved seem rather harsh. For example one option says it should be used "with care" because certain things will have to be reinstalled afterwards. Do you think there are individual problems which I should cure this way? Please let me know because I have not used that software. I have however done a further Security Check scan which you asked for and show it below.

I look forward to receiving your extremely good help to finish off this infection.

Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.54

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is enabled)

Internet Explorer 9

``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:``````````````

Windows Security Center service is not running! This report may not be accurate!

Windows Firewall Enabled!

Norton 360

WMI entry may not exist for antivirus; attempting automatic update.

`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:`````````

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 1.65.1.1000

Java 7 Update 9

Adobe Reader X (10.1.4)

Google Chrome 22.0.1229.92

Google Chrome 22.0.1229.94

````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````

AVG avgwdsvc.exe

`````````````````System Health check`````````````````

Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 5%

````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Hi, imposs:

Sorry you are still having trouble, and that your profile and original topic in the malware removal section were lost. :(

The malware experts, including Maniac, actually work over in the malware removal section, not here. :)

I understand that you may have sent him a PM yesterday after the forum crash, as per your recent post in the PC Help section here: http://forums.malwar...howtopic=117574

He lives in Europe, so it's possible, because of the time zone difference, that he has not yet been back online since you PM'd him.

The best bet is probably to start a new post, with Maniac's name in the subject line, over in the malware removal section >>HERE<<. :)

He'll pick back up with you ASAP.

Thanks,

daledoc1

Yes, you should be good to go now, imposs. :)

Please be patient, given the time-zone difference and the fact that it is also the weekend.

I'm sure Maniac will be back to help you soon.

Sorry for all the confusion -- the forum outage the other day definitely created a bit of backlog for the helpers, and some frustration for members in the process of cleaning their computers.

Best regards,

daledoc1

I have had responses from Maniac in the past on both Saturday and Sunday and congratulated him on it! In fact I have had a response already today (Saturday) from him to my new post so we are running again. Thank you for helping that along.

Kind regards

Imposs