HELP PLS! BOOTMGR IS COMPRESSED!

amfufu89

Hello Malwarebytes forum,, im here to ask for some help

first im trying to install the windows 7 over my win xp pro sp3 without using cd or usb

but when i reboot it a message appears "bootmgr is compressed " press ctrl al delete to restart "

now i try downloading recovery console from another laptop then use a USB to try to put it on the defect one but nothing happens still the same message! HELP ME PLS!! T_T

Hi amfufu89 :)

I'm sorry, but it's not possible to upgrade Windows XP directly to Windows 7 from a running XP installation. You have to do a clean install which requires you to boot from cd/usb and wipe your entire XP installation including all programs and personal files/settings.

To upgrade your PC from Windows XP to Windows 7, you'll need to select the Custom option during Windows 7 installation. A custom installation doesn't preserve your programs, files, or settings. It's sometimes called a "clean" installation for that reason.

http://windows.micro...xp-to-windows-7

Unfortunately it sounds like you corrupted your installation. More then likely it's beyond fixing.