Infected with Google Redirect Virus

Hi everyone,

I've become infected with the Google Redirect virus. Sometimes I click a link and get taken to sites like click.livesearchnow or something else. I had this problem occur on another computer. The one that is infected I built about 14 months ago. I have AVG Free and Malware Bytes.

Anyway, here are my logs from MBAM and DDS

Thanks for your help

mbam-log-2012-10-12 (15-06-45).txt

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:

• Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I’ve given you the “All clear.” Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
  • Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
  • Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within five days this thread will be closed.

icon11.gif Download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.

• Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
  • You will be asked if you want to use Avast! Free anti virus for scanning - select No
  • Click the "Scan" button to start scan
  • On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.

Please include the following in your next post:

• aswMBR log

Please do this next:

icon11.gif Download TDSSKiller.zip and extract TDSSKiller.exe to your desktop

• Execute TDSSKiller.exe by doubleclicking on it.
  • when the window opens, click on Change Parameters
  • under ”Additional options”, put a check mark in the box next to “Detect TDLFS File System”
  • click OK
  • Press Start Scan
  • If Malicious objects are found then ensure Cure is selected. Important - If there is no option to "Cure" it is critical that you select "Skip"
  • Then click Continue > Reboot now
  • Once complete, a log will be produced in c:\. It will be named for example, TDSSKiller.2.7.1.0_19.01.2012_17.24.26_log.txt
  • Post that log, please.

icon11.gif Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1

Link 2

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• If you have trouble, stop and post back. Do not try to repeatedly run comboFix!
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.

Note: If after running ComboFix you receive a message stating, "Illegal Operation Attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion" rebooting your computer will resolve the problem.

• TDSSKiller log
  • ComboFix log

Are you still being redirected? Please do this next:

icon11.gifYour Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program, and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Click (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE or Java 6) in the name and select "uninstall".
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Go to this page to download the latest version. Press the download button under JRE and follow the prompts. Accept the agreement and choose the Windows x86 offline option.
  • Run the installer you just downloaded

icon11.gif Go to thisLINK to run an online scannner from ESET.

• Note: For browsers other than Internet Explorer, you will need to download and install esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Click on it and save the file to a convenient location. Double click on it to install and a new window will open.
  • Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • If you are using Internet Explorer, allow the activex control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked and the Scan Archives option is ticked.
  • Click on Advanced Settings, ensure the options Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications, and Enable Anti-Stealth Technology are ticked.
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\Eset\Eset Online Scanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic.

• How is the computer running now?
  • ESET log

Next Post::

It looks like you are using a dodgy copy of Adobe Photoshop CS4. Please remove that from your system and see this POST for important information. Please do this next:

icon11.gif Download OTL to your desktop.

• Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of the OTL.txt log and paste them into your next post. I don't need to see Extras.txt

• OTL log

Please do this next:

icon11.gif Run OTL.exe

• Copy/paste the following text written inside of the code box into the Custom Scans/Fixes box located at the bottom of OTL
    :OTL
    FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledAddons: nurafotmah@nurafotmah.org:1.0
    [1832/11/29 00:30:07 | 000,004,819 | ---- | M] () (No name found) -- C:\Users\Bryan\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\5k1xjr8k.default\extensions\nurafotmah@nurafotmah.org.xpi
    @Alternate Data Stream - 117 bytes -> C:\ProgramData\TEMP:1CE11B51
    :Commands
    [EmptyTemp]
    [ResetHosts]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, it will reboot when it is done and produce a log

• OTL fix log

Great! All I have left for you is some very important cleanup:

icon11.gif Uninstall ComboFix

• Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard or click Start -> Run. Copy and past the following text into the run box that opens and press OK:
    Combofix /Uninstall

Combofix_uninstall_image.jpg

icon11.gif Clean up with OTL:

• Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
  • Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
  • On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
  • Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
  • Manually delete any remaining logs or tools.

icon11.gif Finally, I'd like to make a couple of suggestions to help you stay clean in the future:

• Restart any anti-malware programs that we disabled while we were cleaning your machine.
  • Keep your antivirus application and MBAM current and updated. Scan with them at least weekly.
  • Please read this post for some helpful information.

Please post once more so I know you are all set and I can mark this thread resolved. Good luck and stay safe!

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!