Malwarebytes system file is corrupt

I did a scan with malwarebytes anti malware and I deleted all the files it came up with.

Now I can't boot into windows because I just get a black screen with 'Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt. \windows\system32\config\system

Windows repair install won't work.

I also can't get any system restore directory in the recovery console.

Is there anyway I can restore the system file from malwarebytes quarantine via recovery console?

Is there anything I can do to get the pc working again without losing all the files that were on it?

Turn off your pc. Wait about a minute.

Restart your pc. And right away, tap & retap the F8 Function-key on your keyboard.

You should see Windows Advanced Options menu.

Select Safe Mode with Networking or

Safe mode or

VGA mode ....VGA mode only if nothing else works of the 1st two options

Use the Up - Down Arrow keys on keyboard to highlight the choice & press Enter key.

with Safe Mode with Networking being the ideal first choice.

Your pc should have a COA label (Certificate of Authenticity) on the pc case, or if it is a laptop/notebook, should be underneath the housing. That will have the CD key. Leave that bit aside for now.

Concentrate on starting up in Safe Mode with Networking.

Needless to say, being without backups narrows the efforts to recover severely.

P.S. Be sure you state clearly, if you have the Windows XP CD !

Edited by Maurice Naggar

Just so it is crystal clear: IF and when it comes time to reinstall Windows, you cannot use your key on your sister's system.

Hers should be on a sticker somewhere on her pc case, or possibly on the owners manual or package, if she got one at purchase-time.

Have her check with her pc manufacturer. Remember also, all the pc-makers have support websites.

Remember, if you're an MBAM customer, you have the option to contact the consumer help desk here.

To restore items, ideally you should run from Windows, using MBAM.

In your case, if not from normal mode of Windows, then in either Safe mode or Safe Mode with Networking.

This link will have a video on How to restore item(s) from MBAM Quarantine

http://helpdesk.malwarebytes.org/entries/20849911-how-to-restore-items-from-quarantine

If not able to be in those modes of Window, then some research might be attempted in XP Recovery Console.

All I'd suggest doing is just getting a list of the contents.

Look at contents of

C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Quarantine

or

C:\Documents and Settings\<User-login>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Quarantine

Other than that, locate the very last log, by date & time here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User-login>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!