The specified service does not exist as an installed service

Hi Maurice,

I wanted to thank you once again and if I could impose just a little while longer, ask a couple of quick questions.

• I copied all the files I wanted to save from my already infected computer to a flash drive. Is it safe to copy them back to my computer?
  • McAfee specifically told me not to run MBAM with their AV program. Is it OK to run MBAM with those free AVs you mentioned?
  • Are you sure I should not have to wipe my HDD to remove any trace of this "RAT"?

I guess thats enough you have been more than patient and again thank you very much!

Duncan

• 2 weeks later...

My apologies for not noticing your reply earlier. My bad.

Any files you had copied from before should be scanned with your Antivirus program and with MBAM before using them. That is a precaution.

Dunno what McAfee told you. But you can have MBAM installed as well as an antivirus and not be concerned. It is recommended that you set trust settings within both products as outlined in the MBAM Frequently Asked Questions article http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

And yes, your case was not as severe as to indicate to having to wipe the HDD.

Wish you well.