MBAM's installer doesn't have the security shield when downloaded to Vista.

Would the program install the same if the installer was not run as administrator?

If you have the UAC enabled, then the installer will ask for admin rights when needed. It will not install at all without them.

If you have the UAC enabled, then the installer will ask for admin rights when needed. It will not install at all without them.

Yes, I have UAC enabled.

If I start the installer without right clicking and run as admin, the installer doesn't ask for admin rights.

Are you saying MBAM doesn't need admin rights on install?

Yes, I have UAC enabled.

If I start the installer without right clicking and run as admin, the installer doesn't ask for admin rights.

Are you saying MBAM doesn't need admin rights on install?

The UAC notification pops up on my Vista install immediately after double-clicking on the installer. Please uninstall whatever it is you had installed, and delete the installer, as it is most likely NOT Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Please download the latest copy of the installer from this link.

My Bad <_<

After double-clicking on the installer, I have HIPS on my firewall that had 2 pop ups in front of the UAC pop up.

If I right click and run as admin, the UAC pop up is immediate.

Do you know why MBAM's installer doesn't have the shield on the installer?

Thanks GT500

Thanks for not getting <_<

Nothing worth getting mad over. :angry:

Now malware, that's worth getting mad over. It makes us all cantankerous, which is why Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware exists.

BTW: Welcome to the "Honorary Members" group. You'll notice you now have access to a special forum, and beta versions of MBAM (when they are posted) if you feel like helping test them.