malwarebytes scans less files than other malware-scanners?

Hello, I wonder why malwarebytes scans less files on my pc than (for example) SuperAntiSpyware or A-squared free? When running a full scan with Malwarebytes the number of files that are scanned are always less than then scanning with most others scanners? Never the less malwarebytes has found some spyware that other scanners couldn't find. So what the secret here?

... So what the secret here?

We don't waste time scanning things that could never hurt you. Even the Full Scan is almost never needed, because our heuristics are good enough to catch most of today's malware during a Quick Scan, including the really hard to remove stuff.

We don't waste time scanning things that could never hurt you. Even the Full Scan is almost never needed, because our heuristics are good enough to catch most of today's malware during a Quick Scan, including the really hard to remove stuff.

one other question; is malwarebytes an anti-virus or antispyware scanner (or both?) Thanks again

For an answer to that question, please see here: Is Malwarebytes' Antivirus?

For a short answer, Malwarebytes is designed to detect the threats that most anti-virus softwares would miss, including spyware, but not limited to it. It also detects rootkits, trojans, worms and even certain viruses, but it isn't a replacement for an anti-virus and is designed to be used alongside an active anti-virus.

For an answer to that question, please see here: Is Malwarebytes' Antivirus?

For a short answer, Malwarebytes is designed to detect the threats that most anti-virus softwares would miss, including spyware, but not limited to it. It also detects rootkits, trojans, worms and even certain viruses, but it isn't a replacement for an anti-virus and is designed to be used alongside an active anti-virus.

Ha. i think i understand it now. Thank you for your help!

Excellent, I'm glad to be of service. If you have any more questions just let us know <_<

I have one other question: I am using EsetSmartSecurity as my realtime protection. I want to set up a quick daily scan with Eset to scan only the most critical maps and files on my pc. For now a set up this scan:

1-startup sector

2-documents and settings maps

3-windows/system32

Are these indeed the most critical maps or am I missing some important maps to scan daily? Beside this daily Eset scan I run a full scan once every week with Eset and Malwarebytes. Hope you can help me with this one to..? Thanks!