Help removing Trojan.Gen.2

Hello antimalwareuser and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.

Step 1

Please uninstall these applications:

Ask Toolbar

Ask Toolbar Updater

BitTorrent

Step 2

Please download AppRemover and save it on your desktop. Start the application and click Next and then select Clean Up a Failed Uninstall. Wait until AppRemover finishes scanning the computer and determines which security applications have elements installed. For some applications, AppRemover requires that you restart your computer to finish the uninstallation. If prompted, restart your computer before exiting AppRemover.

Step 3

• Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Go to Update tab and select Check for Updates. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Go to Scanner tab and select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart. (See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.

Extra Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts, click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.

Step 3

Download aswMBR.exe to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Click the "Scan" button to start scan

aswMBR2-1.gif

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

aswMBR2.png

Step 4

Please download AdwCleaner from here and save it on your Desktop.

1. Right-click on adwcleaner.exe and select Run As Administrator to launch the application.
  2. Now click on the Search tab.
  3. Please post the contents of the log-file created in your next post.

Note: The log can also be located at C:\ >> AdwCleaner[XX].txt >> XX <-- Denotes the number of times the application has been ran, so in this should be something like R1.

In your next reply, post the following log files:

• Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware log
  • aswMBR log
  • AdwCleaner log
  • a new fresh DDS log

Note: Please do not run this tool without special supervision and instruction of someone authorized to do so. Otherwise, you could end up with serious problems. For more details, read this article: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingc...to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Note: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

SecCenter::

AV: Microsoft Security Essentials *Disabled/Updated* {B140BF4E-23BB-4198-90AB-A51A4C60A69C}

FW: Trend Micro Personal Firewall *Disabled* {50C2E989-60CF-0845-AFD3-290B7D301E79}

SP: Microsoft Security Essentials *Disabled/Updated* {0A215EAA-0581-4E16-AA1B-9E6837E7EC21}

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe

CFScriptB-4.gif

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.

Please run a free online scan with the ESET Online Scanner

Note: You will need to use Internet Explorer for this scan

• Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the ActiveX control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the options Remove found threats and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  • Click Scan (This scan can take several hours, so please be patient)
  • Once the scan is completed, you may close the window
  • Use Notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\ESET\Eset Online Scanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic

My scan tools did not find anything, so so I can not answer these questions. You could find some answers here:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=9365

• Download OTC to your desktop and run it
  • Click Yes to beginning the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. Choose Yes.

Next, uninstall ESET Online Scanner and then manually delete AdwCleaner.

Some malware prevenion tips:

users.telenet.be/bluepatchy/miekiemoes/prevention.html

Safe surfing! :)

Glad we could help. :)

If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!