Cannot edit post

Oh, strange!

Hello, Imgava:

That policy was implemented of necessity because newcomers to the malware removal section seeking guided help would too often edit their posts during the malware removal process.

This created significant confusion for everyone and complicated the process.

Thanks for your suggestions, and for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

Guest DangerousClick

Ah daledoc beat me to it :P

But yes, that's the reason.

Sometimes people posted in the HJT forum (malware removal forum) and would say, help me i'm infected, i have a small piece of adware and my malwarebytes doesn't detect it.

They might of thought it was adware from some other scanner, but it could of easily turned out to be a Zero Access backdoor, but the experts would just give him an adware cleaner that worked, then the person edits the post and says, EDIT: It's a backdoor! Sorry...

Ah daledoc beat me to it :P

But yes, that's the reason.

Sometimes people posted in the HJT forum (malware removal forum) and would say, help me i'm infected, i have a small piece of adware and my malwarebytes doesn't detect it.

They might of thought it was adware from some other scanner, but it could of easily turned out to be a Zero Access backdoor, but the experts would just give him an adware cleaner that worked, then the person edits the post and says, EDIT: It's a backdoor! Sorry...

That's not the case. The problem was that people kept editing their logs and/or added new ones to their post. This caused confusion and problems among the helpers as the content changed from what they had making fixes not work or go haywire. In a nutshell it was to prevent damage to the persons computer.