whatmeworry?

Photoupz.exe - a Trojan.Agent?

I'm running MBAM Pro 1.65.0.1400, database 2012.09.26.09 on Win 7 64-bit. Today a box popped up to tell me that MBAM had found something malicious: Photoupz.exe, which it said was a Trojan.Agent. I told it to put it in Quarantine. I came to the Forums to see whether anyone else had recently reported this, but I didn't find anything. I then removed the file from Quarantine and scanned it with Microsoft Security Essentials. It claimed it was clean. I tried with MBAM, and it claimed it was a Trojan.Agent. I then uploaded the file to VirusTotal, where one of 43 found it malicious (but I'm not sure whether that was really 1/43, or whether the others simply hadn't examined it). I then ran a Quick Scan with MBAM, and it found no problems. I then scanned just the supposedly malicious file again with MBAM, and this time it said there was no problem. So now I don't know what to think.

I should add that I've had the Photoupz program on my computer for quite a while, though I don't think I've ever used it. But it has never before triggered a problem in any scan (and, indeed, this warning from MBAM wasn't the result of a scan). I'd welcome some knowledgeable advice about what to do. I'd rather not get rid of the program unless it really does contain malware.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi whatmeworry?

Please can you zip and attach the file that is being detected to a reply.

Thanks for the report and file whatmeworry?

I can confirmed this is a False Positive and will be fixed on the next update cycle.