Garmin Map Transfer

xpando

Garmin advise me that my original Garmin City Navigator NT north america V8 cannot be transfered to a micro SD and used in my new Garmin 40.

It was previously used in a Garmin Nuvi 65

Thanks

Don't feel bad. Garmin is famous for incompatibilities between Devices and is even more famous for charging every dime it can from an owner to update/upgrade Maps, etc.. You can buy a Garmin GPS with free lifetime map updates for what I paid for my last Garmin GPS alone.. and the additional $100 for a lifetime Map update. My first Garmin GPS cost me $1,000.. :P And 8 MAP regions on a CD and each "unlock" of a region after the FIRST was $95.. for each portion of the US.. I feel your pain.

As to what Ron wrote, if you have actual, specific questions about Garmin products here is the link to their SUPPORT area.

If you are looking for a way to actually do what Garmin has already told won't work, you might use GOOGLE to search and see if someone has made a kludge that will help. While this *is* a CHAT area, we usually deal with software and news and things more specific to Malware as THIS Board setup is graciously run by Malwarebytes mainly for users of their anti-malware products.

Cheers,

Steve