fsqwr.bmp appears as blue screen

hello.

I'm a noob to this forum.

I found it when searching for anything to do with a crash problem for a computer

that has an image file of a blue screen with crash information, titled fsqwr.bmp

I found a thread from 2010 that was closed:

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=70381

I followed the advice of "Maniac" (his name is Borislav) and downloaded the "OTL" file and ran it, in Safe Mode with Networking.

Since the forum was closed, I attempted to figure out what the proper course

of action was for correcting the problem.

When I ran OTL and got the results, I deduced that the file in the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\iEcCb06301

was different for me, since Borislav's instructions were specifically for helping the person

on that forum thread. I found the file name in MY results and substituted it,

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\mFhJ0o01803

and then copied and pasted the rest into the "Custom Scans/Fixes" section of the OTL exe dialog.

Then I clicked 'Runfix".

When it finished, I did not get the message that should say "Fix Complete press ok to open log".

Instead, the machine asked me to "reboot" the machine, so that it could complete the file removal process.

I did that and I still got the blue screen message after Windows had loaded and stayed there for about 30 seconds or more.

Obviously, I did not clear out this malware. Should I erase the OTL.txt, Extra.txt and the log output file and start over? Or is there something else I can try? I think this machine is seriously messed up.

Machine is a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop

Windows XP SP3

120GB drive

Please let me know if there is any other information you need, about the computer.

I also have the log files in .txt format. I ran OTL twice and have the results files for both times (attached).

Thank you very much for any help you can give me.

Shobuz99

09232012_124052.log

09232012_131511.log

Hi, shobuz99: :)

Sorry to hear you might be infected.

We cannot work on malware removal in this sub-section of the forum, so please read below for assistance with cleaning your system.

IMPORTANT: Please do NOT use any temporary file cleaners unless instructed to do so - they can cause data loss, making recovery difficult.

It can also be dangerous to run the malware tools without expert help - they are very powerful and can damage your system.

Also, the disinfection process needs to be tailored one-on-one for each system -- what works for one computer may break another.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE EXPERT HELP WITH MALWARE REMOVAL, PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 3 OPTIONS:

OPTION 1: Free, one-on-one, expert assistance in the Malware Removal Forum.

OPTION 2: For licensed users of MBAM PRO, there is free, one-on-one, expert assistance from the MBAM support helpdesk.

OPTION 3: Fee-based, one-on-one, expert assistance from Premium Support.

OPTION 1:

• Please print out, read and carefully follow the instructions in the "I'm Infected - What Do I Do Now?" sticky topic.
  • -->If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot complete some or all of the steps, then just do the best you can and start a new topic as described below.
  • Then please start a new post in the Malware Removal Forum.
  • An authorized, trained malware expert will provide free, one-on-one assistance as soon as one becomes available.

• -->>When starting your new post, please note the following:<<--
  • Please do NOT post in a topic started by someone else, even if their problem sounds similar.
  • Please COPY/PASTE the requested logs directly into your post, rather than attaching them.
  • Under options, please be sure to select "track this topic" and "immediate email notification", so you'll know when a helper responds.
  • Please be patient - it may be 48 hours or more before a helper can assist you, especially when the forum is very busy.
  • Please do NOT "bump" your topic or reply back to it for at least 48 hours.
  • Doing so may cause your topic to be overlooked, as it will appear that you are already being helped.

OPTION 2:

If you are a paid user of MBAM PRO and would like support via the helpdesk, please contact them HERE.

OPTION 3:

If you prefer the Malwarebytes Premium Services (comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs – from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Premium Support site HERE.

Please be patient – someone will assist you as soon as possible.

Thank you very much,

daledoc1

Hi: :)

Yes, it looks as if your topic in the malware section is still open & has gotten help yet: http://forums.malwar...owtopic=116335.

The forum has been quite busy, but an expert ought to pick it up today, soon.

If not, then please send a PM to a member of the mod team and they will see to it that an expert assists you.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

Hi: :)

Yes, it looks as if your topic in the malware section is still open & has gotten help yet: http://forums.malwar...owtopic=116335.

The forum has been quite busy, but an expert ought to pick it up today, soon.

If not, then please send a PM to a member of the mod team and they will see to it that an expert assists you.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

Thank you. I don't want to be a pest. I would like some help; but I too, am a computer tech

and web designer. I'm just not an expert with Malware detection and removal. It's not my field.

I haven't received anything yet and I will take your advice and seek out someone on that link..

Before I do, is there a 'best' way to politely ask if someone can help me soon?

Like I said, I don't like to pester anyone with "anally whining" comments, because i don't like either.

Thanks again,

Shobuz99