Cannot open MS programs (IE, Word) after using MBAM

robbief1

attach.txt

dds.txt

Hi

Please can you advise?

I DID THIS:

Yesterday, I followed all of the steps below (barring the Registration codes for Live Security Platinum one before Step 1).

It seemed to work, although at Step 4 and Step 7, there were issues which I recorded in Red below. The comp. worked fine after completing these actions.

Today, I switched on the comp. but, on start up, Outlook would not open when I clicked on the small icon by the Start button (it also had the words Microsoft Outlook obscuring the icon).

I got this 'Malwarebytes error msj [shell_Notifyicon] Failed to perform desired action. Error Code: 0', which describes the situation but not the remedy.

An Outlook icon Has appeared on the desktop (from where it does open), but everything else (IE, Word) does not open or opens really slowly and then fails to operate.

Thanks a lot

LP

THEN I DID THIS

If you're still experiencing issues after running the above procedures then please follow the instructions below.

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult.

Download DDS from here: dds.scr or here: dds.com and save it to your desktop.

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

• DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

• Then post a new topic here.

MY COMPUTER IS NOW VERY SHAKY AND CANNOT OPERATE APART FROM OUTLOOK

:welcome: I am TheDarkKnight and will be assisting you. Please ask questions if anything is unclear. :)

Please follow these instructions to run ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links and instructions for running this tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix (CF).

Please go here to see a list of programs that need to be disabled.

**Note: Do not mouseclick ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall.**

**Note 2: If you get a message saying "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion", please restart your computer.**

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!