Got ZeroAccess and can't get rid of it

Alright so here is my situation as it stands at this time. Caught zeroaccess over the weekend, though didn't know it at the time. Realized it on Sunday evening and been fighting it since. I typically run Malwarebytes, AVG and CCleaner. This combination has kept me clean for several years running now. When I started fighting this thing I ran all three. I have found that AVG sees it but cannot clean it. Malwarebytes thought it cleaned it but now does not see it, and the same with CCleaner. It has gotten to the point now where it has shut down access to the internet for everything but IE and hijacks that browser unless I type the address directly. If I try to follow a link it will be hijacked. I have been through the board here and followed some of the more genaric steps provided for others who have had this one, to include running a couple of the tools recommended to find it. I will attach the logs from the last day of activity. So I can find it but cannot get rid of it nor restore access to the windows firwall and the rest of internet accessing programs. Please help.

avgrep.txt

checkup.txt

Extras.Txt

FSS.txt

OTL.Txt

RKreport2.txt

TDSSKiller.txt

Here you go......

Your computer is infected with a nasty rootkit. Please read the following information first.

You're infected with Rootkit.ZeroAccess, a BackDoor Trojan.

BACKDOOR WARNING

------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

I will try my best to clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards.

Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

-----------------------------------------

Please make sure system restore is running and create a new restore point before continuing!

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.

For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

How to tell > 32 or 64 bit

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:

• Insert the installation disc.
  • Restart your computer.
  • If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
  • Click Repair your computer.
  • Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:

• Startup Repair
      System Restore
      Windows Complete PC Restore
      Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
      Command Prompt

[*]Select Command Prompt

[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.

[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.

[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.

[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter

Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.

[*]The tool will start to run.

[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.

[*]Press Scan button.

[*]FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file, close out this message, then type the following into the search box:

services.exe

[*]Now press the Search button

[*]When the search is complete, search.txt will also be written to your USB

[*]Type exit and reboot the computer normally

[*]Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Search.txt)

MrC

OK, here you go......Please carefully carry out this procedure!!!!!!

Please download the attached fixlist.txt and copy it to your flashdrive.

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

On Vista or Windows 7: Now please enter System Recovery Options. (as you did before)

Run FRST64 or FRST (which ever one you're using) and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

MrC

Seems like you have more than one anti-virus program installed

I see listed so far.....

Avast

AVG2012

IObit

You can only have one, pleas pick one and uninstall the rest

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please do this:

Run OTL

• Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:OTL
    O3:[b]64bit:[/b] - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - Locked - No CLSID value found.
    O3 - HKCU\..\Toolbar\WebBrowser: (no name) - {2318C2B1-4965-11D4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - No CLSID value found.
    O4:[b]64bit:[/b] - HKLM..\Run: [] File not found
    O4 - HKLM..\Run: [] File not found
    O21:[b]64bit:[/b] - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - No CLSID value found.
    O21 - SSODL: WebCheck - {E6FB5E20-DE35-11CF-9C87-00AA005127ED} - No CLSID value found.
    :Commands
    [EMPTYJAVA]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, when done it will say "Fix Complete press ok to open the log"
  • Please post that log in your next reply. Note: If a file or folder cannot be moved immediately you may be asked to reboot the machine to finish the move process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes. In this case, after the reboot, open Notepad (Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad), click File->Open, in the File Name box enter *.log and press the Enter key, navigate to the C:\_OTL\MovedFiles folder, and open the newest .log file present, and copy/paste the contents of that document back here in your next post.

MrC

Ok sorry bout the delay in getting back to you. the following was done:

1. removed all virus scanners except AVG - the others were added only in an effort to remove the rootkit which we have been work with

2. OTL run, twice. The logs are attached to this message.

Not sure what is going on here but I am still unable to connect to the internet with anything other than IE. Thanks for the help.

09192012_175200-OLT_fixrun_log.txt

09192012_175730.log