Protection Module not loading please help

Other than posting logs I have tried uninstalling with mbam_clean, rebooting, reinstalling and restarting 5 times. I also used the cmd line to enable terminal services and despite a further 2 restarts the tray icon remains black on startup forcing me to manually enable protection. Like everyone else here, I have never experienced this with previous updates and believe this version to be defective. Instead of making users waste loads of time with workaround solutions that don't always work would it not be simpler to correct the bug and release a new update?

Alternatively, can I reinstall v1.62.0.1300 as that worked fine?

• Root Admin

If you read the other posts I think you will find that it is not a workaround but fixing issues on the computer.

Most common issues and their fix.

1. Computer was not restarted | restart the computer.

2. Terminal Services are disabled | enable the service

3. BFE (Base Filtering Engine) is damaged or missing. | repair the service

4. Computer is infected | scan and remove infections

5. Invalid compatibility settings enabled in the registry for the program | remove invalid settings from registry

6. Corrupted installation | run our mbam-clean utility and reinstall the program

I have now worked on at least 30 of these tickets myself and in every case so far one of the above issues was what was wrong. The new version of the program does make some of these issues come to light because it now depends on the Terminal Services.

These are Windows issues except maybe #6 and running scan tools to track down which issue you're having is what is needed in order to assist you with getting it working properly.

Please post an mbam-check log:

Create an mbam-check log:

• Download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop
  • Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file
  • Please copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, or, if you prefer, you may attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post instead

Then,

Can you also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs?

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

In Windows Vista/7, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Please also run the following scanner and send back the logs.

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save to your Desktop

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
  1. DDS.txt
  2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file just attach it to your reply here.

Thank you

• Root Admin

Thank you for the logs. The Event Logs from attach.txt show that you do appear to have either a hardware or software issues going on with the system that will require further investigation.

==== Event Viewer Messages From Past Week ========

14/09/2012 08:46:05, Error: volmgr [45] - The system could not sucessfully load the crash dump driver.

13/09/2012 16:54:55, Error: Schannel [36888] - The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10.

11/09/2012 08:48:36, Error: Disk [11] - The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR2.

==== End Of File ===========================

Please open a ticket on the Help Desk and ask to have it assigned to Ron and I'll help you look into this further.

http://www.malwareby...ntact_consumer/

Please also reference this link in your help desk ticket.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=115830

Thank you

I am running Win XP SP3 and also had the same problem, no protection enabled. It isn't the update as I found out myself. I read the forum, went to Administrative Tools, clicked on Services and lo and behold Terminal Services it was disabled. I enabled it and the Malwarebytes icon turned red instead of being grayed out. All is well and if you haven't checked this area, do so as it could be your answer also to the problem. Thanks for having this forum, learned alot....... :D

I am running Win XP SP3 and also had the same problem, no protection enabled. It isn't the update as I found out myself. I read the forum, went to Administrative Tools, clicked on Services and lo and behold Terminal Services it was disabled. I enabled it and the Malwarebytes icon turned red instead of being grayed out. All is well and if you haven't checked this area, do so as it could be your answer also to the problem. Thanks for having this forum, learned alot....... :D

Thanks for the well intentioned advice, but what this person is seeing is different than your issue, as it has already been mentioned by AdvancedSetup that reviewed his logs.

Please remember that not everyones computer is the same, this is why we have them post logs, as we did with your original post located => HERE