Protection disabled in 1.65 / MBAM not starting with Windows

Windows XP SP3

After updating to 1.65 from the last version i could no longer start filesystem blocking or website blocking.

The MBAM tray icon shows up grey

and I cannot tick the enable filesystem filesystem blocking or website blocking

it doesn't accept the ticks there

and the following suggestion for an earlier issue did not help me in any way.

Your issue is probably due to this registry key. You have all types of programs including ours set in COMPATIBILITY MODE which prevents our program from working correctly.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\appCompatFlags\Layers

If possible you should remove all of those program entries and only set a program to compatibility mode if it just cannot run in Windows 7 normally.

Once you remove all our program entries from there and reboot it should work again.

Give that a try and let us know.

mine doesn't have any entry there under layers

it is funny that when I uninstall 1.65 and reinstall 1.62

everything is OK

there must be some bugs in the 1.65 since I am not the only one after googling about the issue, there were few complaints exist (not within this forum)

any suggestions please?

all the best

Following is not a solution for me either

To do this in a windows XP+SP3:

Open "command line" and write this services.msc

After you run it, find for the service above and set it to run automaticly and then also run this service.

Restart the Mbam and should work for you too.

mine is already in automatic

I ALSO have windowsXP and MB 1.65. I am seeing THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I AM ALSO GETTING TIRED OF ALL THE STRANGE STARTUP PROBLEMS WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!

A couple of weeks ago the right-click popup menu was not working and it was doing something in the background that bogged my system down for about 5 minutes. It took a week of updates before it finally went away. There are frequently messages at startup about MB failing to take off. So a little more testing on the basics is in order. It sounds like some <expletive> is just ASSUMING certain things work instead of testing them properly, undoubtedly in an effort to save time.

Hi, whytte: :)

So it look like it may not be fixable from our end

and it needs to be fixed from the programmers end

Not necessarily -- several of the few folks having trouble updating are infected or have improperly configured machines.

There is not a single "bug" explaining all the issues for these few users among the millions who are running MBAM.

And the ultimate question is:

when can we have the bugfixed version please?

If setting Terminal Services to automatic did not fix the problem for you, please help the devs to help you by running a little tool to provide them with a bit more info. Please post back with an mbam-check log.

Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.

Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.

Please copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, or, if you prefer, you may attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post instead

This will assist the experts in pinpointing the problem you are experiencing.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

daledoc1

I ALSO have windowsXP and MB 1.65. I am seeing THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM. I AM ALSO GETTING TIRED OF ALL THE STRANGE STARTUP PROBLEMS WITH THIS PRODUCT!!!

A couple of weeks ago the right-click popup menu was not working and it was doing something in the background that bogged my system down for about 5 minutes. It took a week of updates before it finally went away. There are frequently messages at startup about MB failing to take off. So a little more testing on the basics is in order. It sounds like some <expletive> is just ASSUMING certain things work instead of testing them properly, undoubtedly in an effort to save time.

@bobbyrae:

To minimize confusion, please start your own topic.

The issues you describe are not the same as those being reported with the updating, and your issues pre-date the new version release by several weeks.

Each computer is unique, so the solution is not the same for everyone.

It would greatly assist the experts if you could provide a bit more information about your MBAM installation.

So, please start your own topic and, when you do, please include an mbam-check log (see below).

The experts will then assist you further and get you up and running again.

Alternatively, you may open a support ticket at the helpdesk >>HERE<<.

daledoc1

----------------------------------------

Create an mbam-check log:

Please copy and paste the entire contents of the log into your next post, or, if you prefer, you may attach the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop to your next post instead

Hi daledoc1,

How would you explain the situation in where my 1.62 works without any drama at present (Yes, I gave up upgrading, I did a downgrading from 1.65) yet 1.65 has been causing problems lots of people compalining about not just at this forum.

So if this happening just after upgrading from 1.62 to 1.65, then I'm afraid the real problem is the bugginess of the 1.65 full stop

There's no point defending any other excuse.

Providing a log file with whatever tool and sending away is against my privacy policies at this stage.

One way or another malwarebytes will rectify the problem with an updated less buggy version very soon I suspect, until then I'll settle for 1.62 and follow any directions from the company on what I could do, minus providing any log file

kind regards

Hi, whytte: :)

Not necessarily -- several of the few folks having trouble updating are infected or have improperly configured machines.

There is not a single "bug" explaining all the issues for these few users among the millions who are running MBAM.

If setting Terminal Services to automatic did not fix the problem for you, please help the devs to help you by running a little tool to provide them with a bit more info. Please post back with an mbam-check log.

Create and mbam-check log:

This will assist the experts in pinpointing the problem you are experiencing.

daledoc1

Providing a log file with whatever tool and sending away is against my privacy policies at this stage.

One way or another malwarebytes will rectify the problem with an updated less buggy version very soon I suspect, until then I'll settle for 1.62 and follow any directions from the company on what I could do, minus providing any log file

kind regards

Hello whytte,

In order to see what is occurring on your system and diagnose any fix for you, I do need an mbam-check log.

If you feel your privacy is being infringed by publicly posting the log, you can copy/paste the results of your log into a private message to myself.

Thank you very much.

Hi, whytte:

I understand your frustration.

However, I am just a home user and forum volunteer trying to help.

Please either wait for further assistance from an MBAM staffer, or please contact the helpdesk directly for private, expert, one-on-one assistance.

They can be reached >>HERE<<.

Thank you,

daledoc1

Thank you daledoc1,

all the best

Thank you Mainard,

I'll wait a day or 2 for now

kind regards

Hello whytte,

In order to see what is occurring on your system and diagnose any fix for you, I do need an mbam-check log.

If you feel your privacy is being infringed by publicly posting the log, you can copy/paste the results of your log into a private message to myself.

Thank you very much.