Command line update question?

After reading the MBAM Help file for the first time, I've noticed that there are two command line parameters that seem to be very useful, /quickscan and /runupdate. My question is:

Is it against the Malwarebytes EULA if I added mbam.exe /quickscan and/or mbam.exe /runupdate in the Windows Task Scheduler if I use the freeware version?

• Staff

Seeing as those features are part of the paid version I see where you might raise that question, however I'm certain the developers were aware of that possibility when they added those command line parameters (particularly runupdate as it was added in ver 1.34), so I don't see how it could be a violation. If they didn't want it to be possible they'd remove the option, at least that's how I see it. MBAM's EULA is pretty clear

Subject to the restrictions below, you may use the Malwarebytes' Software for any legitimate purpose.

In return, we simply require that you agree:

1. Not to use this software for commercial use without proper licensing.

2. Not to remove any copyright or other notices from the Software.

3. That you are not allowed to combine or distribute the Software with other software that is licensed under terms that seek to require that the Software (or any intellectual property in it) be provided in source code form, licensed to others to allow the creation or distribution of derivative works, or distributed without charge.

4. That if you distribute the Software in source code form you do so only under this license (i.e. you must include a complete copy of this license with your distribution), and if you distribute the Software solely in object form you only do so under a license that complies with this license.

5. That you will (a) not use Malwarebytes' name, logo, or trademarks in association with distribution of the Software or derivative works unless otherwise permitted in writing; (B) display your own valid copyright notice which must be sufficient to protect Malwarebytes' copyright in the Software; and