Update fails to install

After I download the latest database update and attempt to install, the following message is displayed:

An error occured while trying to create a file in the destination directory. Access is denied. Click retry to try again, ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or abort to cancel installation.

The update does not install. How can I fix this?

It would seem to be an issue related to folder permissions for the Program Files directory and the Application Data directory and possibly others. If you right click on the folder and look at the Security tab (you might have to boot into safe mode to see it) make sure that the Administrators group has Full Control for both of those folders.

It would seem to be an issue related to folder permissions for the Program Files directory and the Application Data directory and possibly others. If you right click on the folder and look at the Security tab (you might have to boot into safe mode to see it) make sure that the Administrators group has Full Control for both of those folders.

I'll give that a try. I'm beginning to believe that this may have something to do with Kaspersky 8.0 that I installed recently. It has affected my mail program.